If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We have an immediate opening for an Analyst II for 6+ months assignment in Syracuse, NY
If you have the following skills, connect with us.
- Proactively research, produce, monitor and analyze cost, policy or other information to enable analysis of key themes and trends.
- Manage the day to day relationship with relevant internal parties or employees in order to understand their requirements, deliver appropriate, customized solutions and advice, and build cross-functional working in line with National Grid policies and processes.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with key stakeholders in order to share best practice, provide technical advice and build bases of influence.
- Manage the day to day relationship with contract or external service providers, including negotiation, interpretation and application of established contractual agreements and/or service level agreements to ensure adherence to standards and best outcomes for National Grid.
- Assist and coordinate work on projects by contributing to developing project standards and processes to improve project delivery within the relevant function.
- Keep up to date with market/regulatory developments within own profession/discipline in order to ensure the optimization of best practice for National Grid.
- Develop and maintain analytical systems, models and procedures in order to support design solutions and enhance time/consistency/safety/efficiency and operability.
- Challenge existing ways of working and continuously seek ways to do things better in order to drive greater efficiencies within assigned area.
Knowledge & Experience Requirements:
- A Bachelor's degree in a related area and up to 5 years of related experience, or equivalent work experience. An advanced degree/credits is preferred. Experience of managing a team.
- In-depth experience of a field or multiple fields of work processes.
- Knowledge of relevant industry practice and legislation. Knowledge of current trends within the industry and developments in legislation or regulation.
- Knowledge of National Grid's business operations, company policies and practices.
- Proficient in relevant software e.g. Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
Founded by engineers to support the needs of technical organizations, the Ian Martin Group has been creating authentic connections around meaningful work since 1957.
As North America’s most progressive recruitment and project-staffing firm, we specialize in engineering and IT recruiting to help organizations of all sizes hire better.
The Ian Martin Group is a certified B Corporation, which means we meet comprehensive standards that measure our impact on employees, suppliers, community, and the environment.