Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
If you have the following skills, connect with us.
We have an immediate opening for an Analyst III for a 12month assignment in Buffalo, NY
Oversee the delivery of projects with Complex capital Delivery from a schedule management perspective. This will mean identify the key business issues through monitoring of the plan for project control purposes. It will also involve challenging contractors schedules and defending value to the company by using robust scheduling techniques to challenge change orders from contractors.
- Accountable for building project plans across a program of work within a Jurisdiction. The plans will be built from first principles using the agreed work breakdown structure to support Project Development Engineers and Project Managers.
- Progress each project every month to ensure all projects are monitored for project controls in line with the monthly reporting cycle, checking accuracy and consistency of data, as well as supporting the end of year reconciliation process. As an example, this includes the progression of National Grid schedules in line with the Work Breakdown structure.
- Accountable for using the schedule and previous forecast to challenge contractor costs and change orders to ensure that only the right and fair amount is being agreed to.
- Co-ordinate across a program of risk registers to identify generic risks across the portfolio and ensuring they are uploaded into Risk Management. Ensure outage requirements are being agreed with the Independent System Operator and that linkages between individual projects are in place and managed to enable change impact assessments to take place
- Accountable for ensuring schedule data is accurate to allow Project Controls to report milestones, planned value and earned value data, % completed on projects and project commentaries.
- Provide expert technical input and define policy as to the best way of using the primavera tool to model projects e.g. interface milestones or links between activities, portfolio views etc.
- Oversee and support the activities of other team members, providing advice and coaching as necessary.
Technical Capabilities (Knowledge, Skill, Experience):
- 7+ years of experience in project management, construction or schedule management or equivalent relevant experience.
- A Bachelor’s degree or significant relevant project management, engineering and construction experience.
- Considerable proven experience and expert knowledge in schedule development and analysis including milestone management, critical path analysis, understanding of float and time risk allowance and earned value methodologies. Demonstrate a high level of personal initiative, integrity and ability to interact with company personnel, contractors and regulatory representative
- Valid driver’s license with a safe driving history required. Expert using Primavera to create project plans and progress them using a pre-defined work breakdown structure
- Expert using Primavera to optimize the performance of a portfolio of projects and familiar with the issues that arise on projects and how to overcome them.
- Knowledge of the typical projects that National Grid undertakes including their durations, issues, typical durations etc. Expert understanding of how individual projects interact with each other as a result of the National Grid outage plan
- Good knowledge of the environment in which Complex Capital Delivery operates. Examples of this include health & safety legislation, planning legislation including the process around article 7. Must have Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint skills Experience working under tight deadlines
- Experienced in influencing, persuading, communicating, challenging and negotiating.
- Employees: Single Contributor
- Financial: Support the schedules of the complex capital delivery projects
- Main interfaces – External.
Specialist Services, Senior Stakeholders/Contractors.
- Main interfaces – Internal.
Asset Management, Engineering, PMCC, Contracts and Commercial, Estimating, Procurement, Legal.
Founded by engineers to support the needs of technical organizations, the Ian Martin Group has been creating authentic connections around meaningful work since 1957.
As North America’s most progressive recruitment and project-staffing firm, we specialize in engineering and IT recruiting to help organizations of all sizes hire better.
The Ian Martin Group is a certified B Corporation, which means we meet comprehensive standards that measure our impact on employees, suppliers, community, and the environment.