Duration: 3+ Months
Project Overview: Supporting 2 public-facing Android apps that have already launched as well as 2-3 additional internal apps that are being developed
We are looking for an exceptional individual to join our team of highly skilled developers. As an Android Developer you will drive the development and production of interactive, online design projects for our clients. From the outset you will be given a remarkable level of responsibility and the opportunity to use your talent to develop rich multimedia content and data-driven mobile applications.
The successful candidate will possess at least three years of industry experience as an Android developer and hands-on experience within the interactive marketing and communications industry. Drawing on your exceptional organizational skills, you will be able to prioritize multiple tasks and manage your time effectively. You will be successful at functioning as an individual contributor on various projects. You will seek out the latest technologies and work to apply them in creative ways. Above all, you will possess exceptional communication skills and the ability to thrive in a fast paced collaborative team environment.
- Work with cross-functional team members to clarify requirements/deliverables, define functional specs, develop sound technical solutions and provide accurate level of effort estimates for new projects
- Develop prototypes and proofs-of-concept as needed during the planning and design stages of projects
- Develop, document, and unit-test new product features and bug fixes while ensuring compatibility in all supported devices
- Review peer written code and provide constructive feedback
- Maintain a desire to learn new technologies and work to apply them in creative ways
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science (or related field) or comparable work experience.
- Minimum 3 of years of proven software development experience
- Superior problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to convey complex technical concepts in plain language
- Proven working experience in Android development
- Have published at least one original Android app
- Experience with Android SDK
- Experience working with frameworks such as React Native
- Experience working with hybrid architectures (mix of native and web views)
- Experience working with remote data via REST and JSON
- Experience with third-party libraries and APIs
- Working knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies
- Solid understanding of the full mobile development life cycle
- Must have a sense of humour and the ability to handle oneself under pressure