Ian Martin group has an immediate need for an AP Accounting Assistant for a contract assignment with a major pipeline distributor in the Houston, Texas metro area.
This role will focus on wire and ACH payment processing, work closely with the treasury department, assist with invoice resolution, and run positive pay files.
Specific duties include:
- Initiate accurate and timely wire and ACH payments.
- Ensure that all Gas Cost payments are input accurately and timely.
- Runs daily Positive Pay files.
- Run Daily Bank Files
- Assist in internal and external audits.
- Resolve issues between GL and AP.
- Assist AP Supervisor on different projects as needed.
- Voids and reissue payments as needed
- Process Holdbacks
- Resolves issues with invoices
Qualifications for this role include:
- BA in Accounting or equivalent to 5 + years experience (obtained on-the-job or academically).
- Knowledge of accounting software SAP.
- Must be internet savvy (most banking transactions are done via the web),
- Ability to interact with a wide range of individuals, strong written and verbal communication skills to deal effectively with employees and outside vendors.
All applicants will be reviewed and those who qualify be contacted.