If you are an Application Developer with 4-7 years of experience in analysis, architecture design and development of technical solutions, then you'd love to chat with us. We have 2 immediate openings for an Application Developer for our client in the Public Sector.
Responsibilities may include but not limited to:
- Participate in the technical analysis, architecture design and development of technical solutions to defined business problems
- Introduce development best practices, guidelines and standards to the development team
- Identify technical challenges and make recommendations
- Support of solution components through User Acceptance Testing dealing with defects or client inquires in a timely manner
- Monitor system performance, availability, resolve and communicate issues
- Performance tuning of solution
- Coordination of implementation and integration of components into ministry’s enterprise testing and production environments
- Perform unit testing as part of software quality assurance activity
- Attend the Daily Scrum as part of the information sharing and to provide daily status report to the Development team
- Participate in release and iteration (aka Sprint) plans
- Resolution of project and/or production issues including:
- o Investigation of Technical issues
- o Raising and Managing Incidents, Defects/Enhancements, Change Requests, Releases, and Information Requests
- o Providing recommendations to management on solution design
- Participate in stabilization activities of production application
- Participate in transition activities to designate, as approved by ministry, for application support services
- Knowledge transfer to operations team and other project members
- Cross-training and guidance to Information Technology Service and Operations Management (ITSOM) on needs basis
- Escalating issues and risks to the development manager and program manager as required in a timely manner
- Communicating project status and issues to the program and client management
- Deliverables will include, but are not limited to:
- Tested and delivered quality source code into the department’s source control model, including installation packages and/or notes built as per specifications and ministry standards
- Artefacts that support the tracking and reporting of defects related to development, deployment, and testing of the product
- Artefacts related to individual work items in the form of analysis and design level descriptions.
- Artefacts such as drawings, models, or documents that are used to communicate/explain estimates, analysis, work items and /or product.
- Reporting related to the progress of assigned work, highlighting any expected deviations from previously agreed upon estimates.
- Monthly reporting related to time expended and related deliverables in support of invoicing detail and invoice payment
Skills and Qualifications:
- University degree in IT, Computer Science (CS) or a related discipline and 4-yr Application Developer (AD) experience; OR 2-yr diploma in IT, CS or a related discipline and 5-yr AD experience; OR 1-yr certificate in IT, CS or a related discipline and 6-yr AD experience; OR currently active professional certification or accreditation in a related discipline and 7-yr AD experience.
- Experience developing applications using Microsoft .NET framework 4.0 or higher, Microsoft C# 4.0 or higher and ASP.NET WebAPI. (All technologies much be demonstrated)
- Experience working in a Microsoft SQL Server environment
- Experience with software development processes, and all associated best practices, methods, standards, tools, and policies.
- Experience developing and maintaining WCF applications and services
- Experience with developing and maintaining WebAPI applications and services
- Experience working within an enterprise architected environment
- Experience in an environment with continuous integration (TFS Build, MSBuild or equivalents)
- Experience and technical knowledge of Team Foundation Server
- Experience in designing, building, testing, deploying and supporting applications in an enterprise environment
If you bring the mentioned skills and experiences to the table, then we would love to chat you!
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.