Our Public Sector Client in Toronto, ON is looking to hire an Application Solution Designer for a 10 month contract with high possibility of extension.
As an Application Solution Designer, responsible provide solution design expertise to Project Managers, Business Analysts and clients on solutions options and directions
* Knowledge & Skills
- Minimum 6 years of intensive hands-on experience in preparing project artifacts such as the solution architecture/design document and contribute to project plans, business requirements, test strategy, security design, infrastructure design, network design deliverables throughout the project to ensure quality and requirement traceability.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience and knowledge in architect and designer roles within IT in planning, design, build and upgrading complex OpenText Content Suite solutions and related technologies and products such as, but not limited to, TCM, Oracle Identity and Access Management Suite, and IBM Integration Bus.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a senior solution designer capacity with leadership abilities in order to provide guidance and to develop, coach, mentor and collaborate teams in a complex and dynamic environment to ensure delivery of quality service within timelines
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in OpenText Content Suite end-to-end solution troubleshooting and system performance testing / analysis.
- Minimum 5 years technical experience in Unix (Linux and AIX)
- Minimum 2 years technical experience in Windows 2008 and Windows 2012
- Provide solution design expertise to Project Managers, Business Analysts and clients on solutions options and directions by:
- providing high level recommendations on solution feasibility and/or options for high value/mission critical investments, including both high level conceptual options and high-level solutions; identifying and presenting value-added assessments, such as opportunities for automation to project teams and business areas;
- utilizing system/software solution documents, system logical and physical models;
- and, cooperating with Project Managers and Business Analysts in preparing high level resource requirements and timelines estimates, identifying functional work areas and continually helping to remove technical hurdles;
- Analyzing and documenting the current and target state of the OpenText Content Suite solutions including conceptual, logical and physical architecture/design.
- Provide technology upgrade strategy, approach and a new solution design that complies with defined architecture, frameworks and principles.
- Work with Clients management to provide technical OpenText Content Suite expertise solving upgrade issues. Provide technical leadership in collaboration with multiple teams such as data center, network, systems administration, and vendors.
- Provide knowledge transfer to Clients management and staff.
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.”