Our Public Sector Client in Toronto, ON is looking to hire a Application Solution Designer for a 10+ month contract with high possibility of extension.
As an Application Solution Designer, is responsible providing high level recommendations on architectural solution feasibility and/or options for high value/mission critical investments, including both high level conceptual options and high-level solutions; identifying and presenting value-added assessments, such as opportunities for automation to project teams and business areas;
- Provide architectural solution artifacts to Project Managers, Business Analysts and clients on solutions options and directions by:
- providing high level recommendations on architectural solution feasibility and/or options for high value/mission critical investments, including both high level conceptual options and high-level solutions; identifying and presenting value-added assessments, such as opportunities for automation to project teams and business areas;
- utilizing system/software solution architecture documents, system conceptual models;
- providing high-level estimates at project inception and detailed estimates on project costs after detailed requirements are captured;
- cooperating with Project Managers and Business Analysts in preparing high level resource requirements and timelines estimates, identifying functional work areas and continually helping to remove technical hurdles;
Knowledge & Skills:
- Minimum 6 years of intensive hands-on experience in preparing project artifacts such as the solution architecture document and contribute to project plans, business requirements, test strategy, solution design, security design, infrastructure design deliverables throughout the project to ensure quality and requirement traceability.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience and knowledge in architect and designer roles within IT in planning, design, build and implement complex enterprise solutions such as, but not limited to, Kofax, Oracle WebCenter Suite and Oracle Identity and Access Management Suite.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a senior solution architect or designer capacity with leadership abilities in order to provide guidance and to develop, coach, mentor and collaborate teams in a complex and dynamic environment to ensure delivery of quality service within timelines
- Minimum 2 years technical experience in Unix (AIX and/or Linux)
- Minimum 2 years technical experience in Windows 2008 and Windows 2012
- Preference would be given to candidates with all or some experience with solution architecture and design of Kofax, Oracle WebCenter Suite and Oracle Identity and Access Management Suite.
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.”