The Applications Support Analyst provides first, second or third line technical support to resolve incidents and investigate problems. The role also performs maintenance and housekeeping activities required to deliver applications services in line with agreed service levels, ensuring applications are available when required by the business. Other typical activities include change, configuration and access management as well as interface monitoring, application administration, performance monitoring and management. The role works closely with the business when required in support of fault resolution, and when performing bug fixes, minor enhancements and other maintenance activities.
• Performing sustainment/development activities inclusive of Incidents, Requests, Defects, or Enhancements in a team environment
• Duties will include support for a Commercial off the Shelf, on-premise Contact Centre & Communications platform and peripheral technologies
• Competent and frequent interaction with business clients, IT peers and external vendors
• Learning business processes supported by the application
• Providing high quality sustainment and development in adherence to our defined development methodology and standards
• Participate in 24×7 on call / standby rotation
• Post-secondary education (preferably in an IT related field, but not necessarily required)
• 3+ years software operational support / sustainment
• Strong ability to prioritize and organize work
• Experience with customer facing applications
• Exceptional English communication skills required, both verbal and written
• Ability to efficiently troubleshoot technical problems
• Experience supporting desktop (COTS) solutions and client/server applications
• Experience with Webservices
• Experience with SQL Queries
• Ability to influence people
• Ability to learn new technologies
• Must possess key team player qualities including integrity, accountability, and adaptability
• Sound analytical, decision-making and problem solving skills required
• Ability to remain focused, motivated, and work independently
• Experience with data and webservice integration technologies and associated trouble shooting.
NICE TO HAVES:
• Experience with Contact Centre and Communication Technologies (Genesys Platform)
• Experience with Digital Technologies inclusive of SMS, Artificial Intelligence, Bots, Machine Learning
• Experience with IT Infrastructure inclusive of Physical/Virtual Windows Server, Networking, SQL Server, and Monitoring
• Experience with other programming languages including Java
• Would be open to new graduates with less working technical/system experience.
• Minimal amount of travel to alternate Chatham offices, or to regional offices in Ontario.
• On-Call rotation applicable when required skills have been achieved.
• OT as required, primarily driven by On-Call page outs.