Our Banking Client in Toronto, ON is looking to hire a Applications Developer (Java, API and Microservices) for a 6+ months of contract role with high possibility of extension.
As a Applications Developer (Java, API and Microservices) is responsible in supporting the development team for an internal application. This team of 4 Java developers is responsible for the ongoing maintenance, support, and updates of this application.
Must-Have Skills/Experience (Do Not Submit without All of the Following):
- 5+ years of Java Development experience
- 2-3+ years of experience with Microservices and APIs
- Experience with Backbone or other web frameworks (Angular.js, Node.JS, etc)
- Experience with JSON, and REST API
- Experience with Event Driven Design (EDD)
High Priority Skills (We are looking for a resource with as many of these as possible):
- Expert knowledge in Java, J2EE, JSP, Oracle 11g or later, Spring framework (MVC, annotation), XML, HTML, jQuery, JUnit, Mockito, Ajax, and exception handlers
- Knowledge of messaging applications such as SonicMQ or Solace
- Knowledge of workflow and business process management
- Experience working in an agile environment
Nice-to-Have Skills (less priority than those above):
- Knowledge of open source applications
- Experience using ALM and JIRA
- Knowledge of Unix-based environments
- Familiarity with Jenkins, Maven, and Ant
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Timely delivery of high quality/innovative code
- Ability to manager stress and work with tight deadlines
- Team-building experience
ABOUT IAN MARTIN:
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.”