Our market leading energy client has an immediate need for an Asphalt Plant Operator in Saskatchewan. This a 6 month contract position.
- Product handling including loading, unloading, heating and blending products.
- Loading and unloading trucks with asphalt or emulsified asphalt products.
- Heating and unloading railcars of asphalt or other bulk liquids.
- Operating and maintaining equipment including pumps, mills, forklifts, other mobile equipment in a proper and safe manner.
- Receiving, shipping, storing, blending and heating asphalt, emulsion and chemicals used in manufacturing of emulsified asphalt.
- Boiler supervision.
- Production of emulsified asphalt products.
- Order taking from customers.
- Ensuring safe work practices and adhering to company policy and procedures including understanding and following HOIMS rules and policies.
- Maintain personal training matrix and safety scorecard compliance.
- Proper completion of inventory and shipping documentation.
- Minimum Grade 12 Diploma or equivalent.
- 0-12 months minimum experience in manufacturing or industrial operations role.
- Basic PC proficiency and proficiency with Word, Excel, E-mail and SAP.
Nice to Haves:
- Post secondary education/training.
- 4th class Power Engineering certificate.
- A strong mechanical aptitude and trouble shooting skills.
- The ability to work in a team environment.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.