- Milton, Ontario
- Temp-to-Permanent (Working Interview)
- Days or Afternoon Shifts Available
- $18 to $22 per hour, plus $3 per hour Afternoon Shift Premium
- Stable Work Environment, Long Term Opportunities, Hands-On Training
- Overtime Available
Are you someone with a strong work ethic that wants to make an impact where they work? Are you wanting to work in a shop where you’re treated well and appreciated for the efforts you make?
Ian Martin Workforce is working with a family-owned and operated business that has been around for almost 60 years. They manufacture custom Steel and Aluminum Bodies for service, utility, cranes, emergency resuce, tool boxes and diesel tanks. If you want to fabricate large pieces, this is the place for you.
As our new member of the Work Truck Up-Fitting / Assembly team, you will enjoy working in a busy fabrication shop assembling large custom bodies You are motivated to make a contribution to the team and learn along the way.
What you’ll be doing…
- Read blueprints and drawings and take or read measurements to plan layout and procedures
- Determine the appropriate tooling based on job requirements
- Assemble truck bodies and parts post paint (install locks, hardware, lighting)
- Mounting truck body to truck chassis
- Wiring for 12-volt electrical systems
- Installation of hydraulic systems (PTO's, pumps, compressors)
- Test and inspect assembled product(s) to discover flaws
- Maintain equipment in a condition that does not compromise safety
Working with Ian Martin Workforce to Find Your Next Career
We’re a big company with a lot of history, and with a personalized approach and a genuine interest in finding you your perfect fit. We work with companies that take a lot of pride in what they do – just like us. As this is a Temporary-to-Permanent position, you will be having a Working Interview. This allows you, as well as our client, to ensure that it’s the job that’s right for you. And if it’s not – no problem! We will be here to support you in this transition to becoming an employee by handling your timesheets, payroll, and there for you whenever you have a question. We will support you through the interview process as well as when you’re on the job. We are here for you as much as we are for the companies we work with.
- Experienced in assembly and have done similar work before
- Experience using a variety of hand tools
- Experience in using electrical or manual tools (drills, tape measure, screw drivers, sockets)
- Knowledgeable of 12-volt electrical systems
- Knowledgeable of hydraulic systems (PTO's, pumps, compressors)
- Able to operate air powered hand tools (screw guns, ratchets, drills etc)
- Able to read and interpret technical documents and drawings
- Safety oriented and willing to follow polices and procedures to keep a safe work environment and wear required PPE
- Deftness and attention to detail
- Proficient in English
- Mechanically inclined
- Certificate or courses in Automotive Technician/Mechanic a plus
- A positive person with a great attitude and a strong work ethic
- Eager to learn new skills and improve upon your existing ones
- Take ownership and pride in what you do, you enjoy seeing your finished product and always try to do your best work
Are you ready to apply and feel you fit the criteria above?
Please submit your resume by clicking “Apply Now” to this posting. Or you can give us a call at 1 (800) 567 9675 x 2283 or text Tiffany at (905) 330 9861.