Do you want to work for one of the largest electrical utility company in Michigan? They are currently looking for a Authorized Safety Representative to support their facility in Saginaw, Michigan. If you’re interested and qualified, we urge you to apply!
Position: Authorized Safety Representative
Location: Saginaw, Michigan
Duration: Until Dec. 2019 (possible extension)
- An Authorized Safety Representative (ASR) oversees the contractor safety oversight program implementation in conjunction with the department to manage the execution of the company’s contract work.
- Their role is a combination of understanding risk management, legal safety requirements, and implementing standards on multiemployer worksites.
- The ASR is a company liaison used to assist in maintaining communication and report safety and health information between Company and its Contractors.
- The ASR will work to ensure each entity understands their obligation to safety procedures and regulatory requirements.
- The ASR may be required to perform standard to advanced analytical or administrative tasks associated with safety processes, including safety investigations and safety audits.
- The ASR will administer and implement contractor safety oversight program(s) defined by the company as it applies to each of its contractors to prevention safety incidents.
- The ASR’s will be required to apply skills such as analysis, planning, design, research, coordination, facilitation, and communication with clients on complex projects.
- Assignments have clear and specified objectives which the ASR may be required to assist and provide recommendations to improve the safety and health of the project(s).
General responsibilities of the ASR include :
- Carry out duties as assigned to lead safety in establishing and maintaining required project/site responsibilities for Contractor Safety Oversight.
- Ensure all Contractors are indoctrinated with company information applicable to each site that defines safety expectations and the associated governing policies, procedures or rules.
- Establish that each Contractor is aware of the standards they must meet.
- Monitor Contractors to ensure they provide their workers with the resources needed to meet the standards, such as a safe and healthful workplace, effective training, and adequate oversight of work operations.
- Measure the Contractors safety performance as required by law for reasonable care, to verify safety performance is acceptable.
- Assess each Contractors overall safety performance.
- Position will be designated based on experience, qualifications and skills necessary for work being performed.
- At least 1 year of applicable experience and a Bachelor’s degree in an applicable field is required. Less than a Bachelor’s degree may be acceptable if accompanied by experience and/or education in positions that demonstrate required abilities and performance.
- Engage in basic problem-solving
Certifications & Licenses:
- OQ Orientation/AOC Training – CE Qual # 9350
- Prevention of Accidental Ignition – CE Qual # 9214
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.