- Milton, Ontario
- Temp-to-Permanent (Working Interview)
- Days or Afternoon Shifts Available
- $22 to $28 per hour, plus $3 per hour Afternoon Shift Premium
- Stable Work Environment, Long Term Opportunities, Hands On Training
- Overtime Available
Are you someone with a strong work ethic that wants to make an impact where they work? Are you wanting to work in a shop were you’re treated well and appreciated for the efforts you make?
Ian Martin Workforce is working with a family-owned and operated business that has been around for almost 60 years. They manufacture custom Steel and Aluminum Bodies for service, utility, cranes, emergency resuce, tool boxes and diesel tanks. If you want to fabricate large pieces, this is the place for you.
As our new Painter, you will enjoy working in a busy fabrication shop painting large custom pieces for the bodies for trucks using hand held spray guns.
What you’ll be doing…
- Painting Automotive quality paints and producing an automotive quality finish.
- Using Pressure Pot painting equipment but also Gravity fed compressed air equipment.
- Reading bill of materials
- Determine the appropriate tooling based on job requirements
- Ability to spray single stage paints on large detailed surfaces
- Follow painting processes and guild lines
- Clean and mask product for painting process
- Follow painting process and guidelines
- Maintain equipment in a condition that does not compromise safety
Working with Ian Martin Group to Find Your Next Career
We’re a big company with a lot of history, but with a personalized approach and a genuine interest in finding you your perfect fit. We work with companies that take a lot of pride in what they do – just like us. As this is a Temporary-to-Permanent position, you will having a Working Interview. This allows you, as well as our client, to ensure that it’s the job that’s right for you. And if it’s not – no problem! We will be here to support you in this transition to becoming an employee by handling your timesheets, payroll, and there for you whenever you have a question. We will support you through the interview process as well as when you’re on the job. We are here for you as much as we are for the companies we work with.
You have experience…
- Preparing surfaces using power and manual sanding equipment and applying masking and sanding techniques.
- Completing minor repairs and body work prior to masking, applying priming and top coating using pressure pot and gravity fed spray guns.
- Using an eye for detail and good colour sense to match complex colour formulations created by vehicle manufacturers.
- Painting the Products with appropriate paint colour as specified in the Customer order.
- Applying refinishing products in the correct sequence for proper adhesion and durability.
- Keeps work area clean and tidy.
- Proven Spray paint experience (large automotive equipment)
- Experience in using Paint prep tools/equipment (palm sander, grinder, pressure washer)
- understanding of paint process and techniques
- Knowledge of relative safety standards and willingness to use protective clothing (face-shield, gloves etc.)
- Deftness and attention to detail
- Proficient in English
Are you ready to apply and feel you fit the criteria above?
Please submit your resume by clicking “Apply Now” to this posting. Or you can give us a call to Jebas at (647) 490 0705.