Are you a Back-End Developer with 5 – 10+ years of experience, who is skilled at capturing user requirements, and writing and coding using agile methodology? Do you take pride in developing and maintaining the back-end of the product, and continuously updating the back-end code? Then we would love to discuss an opportunity with you for our Midstream client for their office in Calgary, AB.
Our client's teams incorporate a variety of multidisciplinary skills, including industrial predictive algorithms, machine learning, and sentiment analysis. As a Back-End Developer, you will collaborate with internal partners, the development team, and Scrum Master to develop, design, build, and launch the product.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- You’ll develop polished modular code in a distinctive way to ensure large-scale business impact and drive competitive advantage.
- You’ll develop and implement technical solutions for Lab; ensuring efficient coordination of technical and administrative resources; and ensuring coordination with other internal and/or external partners.
- You’ll make recommendations on critical decisions relating to code build.
- You’ll develop across the tech stacks, in different languages and environments.
- You’ll formulate recommendations around architecture and platform decisions.
- You’ll work closely with end-users to identify issues and understand business requirements.
- You’ll integrate user-facing elements developed by front-end developer with service side logic.
- You’ll translate business requirements into system design specifications.
- You’ll perform appropriate development and testing activities.
- You’ll optimize the application for maximum speed and scalability.
- You’ll deploy regular releases in an agile approach.
- You’ll work closely with business partners and end users to develop an understanding of how user teams use applications.
- You’ll work on complex systems analysis and programming assignments with minimal supervision.
Skills and Qualifications:
- You’re experienced in back-end development (5+ years, ideally 10+).
- You bring a high-energy and passionate outlook to the job and can influence those around them.
- You can build a sense of trust and rapport that creates an effective workplace.
- You’re passionate about innovation with a “can do” attitude.
- You’re proficient in back-end web servers with experience in data migration, transformation, and scripting.
- You’re knowledgeable in database technologies SQL, No-SQL, Datawarehouse.
- You’re knowledgeable in development environment Microsoft Visual Studio.
- You’re familiar with source code control tools.
- You’re knowledgeable in securing confidentiality, integrity, and availability of systems.
- You’re experienced with technologies such as Microsoft Azure, Spark, Hadoop, or large data warehousing initiatives.
- You’re experienced with systems deployed on Unix/Linux/Solaris environments.
- You hold a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or a related quantitative discipline.
- You’ll be based in an office environment with occasional travel to other Lab locations.
- You’ll be part of a pressurized environment, working to tight deadlines.
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.