If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We have an immediate opening for a Back-Office Analyst for 6+ months assignment in Houston, TX
If you have the following skills, connect with us.
- Reconciling promptly NatGas & Power trades contractual terms against Trader Deal recap/Broker recap/Counterparty confirms and validate in the ETRM system.
- Reconcile and confirm cash settlement for all executed NatGas & Power transactions.
- Transmit cash instructions to the Finance team.
- Ensuring all NatGas & Power sale and purchase contracts are generated and reviewed in a timely manner.
- Liaise with counterparties, and internal teams such as Front Office, Contracts and Middle Office to resolve affirmation / confirmation discrepancies and / or settlement failures.
- Attention to detail and ability to manage several tasks at once by ensuring all trade economics and discrepancies are appropriately investigated and resolved, while managing client expectations and potential fail exposure.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, managing all cash flows and associated risks related to derivative & physical transactions across our global client base.
- Prepare to gain a comprehensive understanding of the trade lifecycle and associated cash flows by interacting with trading and sales in addition to middle office and treasury.
- Identify potential problems, present alternatives and propose solutions.
- Communicate efficiently with business partners, team members and Management.
- Provide timely and accurate information to both external and internal customers.
- Daily contracts filing and labeling of all contractual correspondence/emails
Founded by engineers to support the needs of technical organizations, the Ian Martin Group has been creating authentic connections around meaningful work since 1957.
As North America’s most progressive recruitment and project-staffing firm, we specialize in engineering and IT recruiting to help organizations of all sizes hire better.
The Ian Martin Group is a certified B Corporation, which means we meet comprehensive standards that measure our impact on employees, suppliers, community, and the environment.