Our client a climate controls & security global leader in building automation systems is looking to hire a fulltime permanent BAS designer.
You will be responsible for the complete engineering design of automatic temperature control and energy management systems. Also, the designer will produce control schematics, wiring diagrams, sequences of operation, schedules, software design and bill of material lists by applying automatic temperature and energy management products in accordance with project specifications. Typical projects include large schools, larger buildings and central plant designs.
Additionally, you will review internal project estimates, contract (mechanical and electrical) plans and coordinate design requirements with field installation team members.
Specific responsibilities for this position include:
- Use company or customer design standards to create project shop drawings per project documentation
- Attend the Sales to Operations Turnover Meeting and accept full responsibility for the project design documents
- Selects materials including DDC modules, field sensing and control devices, dampers and valves to meet the project requirements, specifications, codes and customer standards
- Submit material order forms for all project required materials to the purchasing group, if required
- Completes each assigned project focusing on customer satisfaction and specification compliance while trying to maintain budgetary guidelines. Identify all projects that do not meet the budget and itemize the budget variances
EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS:
- Proficient with Microsoft Suite
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Experience with engineering design programs such as AutoCAD, Microsoft Visio, etc.
- Knowledge in DDC control theory and applications pertaining to the HVAC/Control preferred
- Prior experience in HVAC and/or Building Automation preferred
EDUCATION / CERTIFICATIONS:
BA/BS Engineering degree with 4–7+ years relevant experience
MA/MS Engineering degree with 2–5+ years relevant experience