On behalf of our client we are looking for a BAS Technician to join their team. The Technician will work as part of a team to service their clients’ Building Automation Systems. This includes start-up and commissioning, calibration, service and maintenance while maintaining a high degree of quality and adhere to all safety standards
- Assists with start up, commission, & re-commission of systems that utilize pneumatic / electrical / DDC technology.
- Complete all required commissioning documentation. Maintains accurate As-Built drawing package and makes changes in Visio, Excel, Word, as required.
- Responsible for calibration of systems requiring basic electronic test equipment, such as multi-meters, network terminals and/ or a laptop computer.
- Assists in static (stand-alone) and dynamic (total building interactive network) commissioning of software programming.
- Assists in the set up of operator workstations with all associated software.
- Responsible for performing job database backups daily or as advised.
- Communicates with lead project personnel upon arrival and before leaving the work site. Tracks and records job progress and keeps lead project personnel informed on progress, concerns and issues.
- Read and understand project specifications and MEP drawing sets
- Tests the project’s programs to ensure they meet the specified sequences of operation and that they perform according to industry standards
- Inspect HVAC system including point-to-point, determining the proper operating ranges for field devices, as well as complete functional system checkouts
- Create project database utilizing company and customer standards
- Conduct graphics engineering functions which includes: creating equipment and floor plan graphics per project documents, create graphics submittal packages as required, review graphics as a completed package, for completeness and accuracy, develop and maintain graphic library, and participate in solution of job-related graphic problems
- Coordinate and participate in system specialist hand-off meetings for the turnover of complex software projects. Selects materials including DDC modules, field sensing and control devices, dampers and valves to meet the project requirements
** Please note this role requires a willingness to travel more than 50% of typical work week, including air travel, overnight hotel stays, and unexpected travel.
- Minimum 2 Years’ experience in the HVAC Control industry
- Asset: Associates Degree in Mechanical/Electrical or HVAC field
- Field experience of installation and operation of automated control systems
- Experience with operation, test and function of mechanical systems in commercial buildings
- Thorough understanding of electrical theory as it applies to HVAC industry