As a Batch Analyst, here is the description;
Knowledge & Skills
- College or University degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Enterprise systems and application delivery 6-7 years
- Mainframe, COBOL, JCL, VSAM, CA7 scheduler
- Application Production support experience is highly desired
- Must have strong interpersonal, planning, facilitation, negotiating, and organizational skills.
- Able to identify risk and issues and recommend appropriate mitigation plans.
- Can deal with changing priorities and meet tight timelines. Can work under pressure, manage competing priorities and work independently with minimal oversight.
- Ability to work under pressure in a team for production support and respond effectively and efficiently to customers. Resource should be able to work in a fast passed environment and be able to handle critical time bound issues and have the ability to work and respond within a defined SLA
- Responsible for ensuring timely delivery of artifacts from other streams and appropriate escalations in time.
- Demonstrate experience in the workload automation space with a complete knowledge of the enterprise scheduler environment.
- Enterprise scheduler schedule updates
- Responsible for business automation improvements and maximizing the utilization of
- Enterprise Scheduling and Mainframe Automation Software.
- Facilitate cross-functional teams through projects to design, implement and supports the adoption of new scheduling processes.
- Work with complex batch processes.
- Provide application teams with support on problem determination and resolution of scheduling issues.
- Ability to be a technical interface between engineering and database teams to provide innovative and efficient approach to scheduling complex batch processes.
- Reports, minutes and presentation materials related to scheduling.
- Documents all aspects of the batch schedule.
- Follow industry trends and software developments to assist in creating a roadmap for the
- Enterprise Scheduling group.
- Ensure Service Level Agreements are met for applications supported.
- Ensure daily scheduling requests are completed accurately and on time.
ABOUT IAN MARTIN:
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.”