Our large IT client, is recognized by customers as Canada’s leading communication company.
We are looking for a Bilingual Security Architect – Senior to support the team.
Duration: 12 months
Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada
The security specialist will need to understand our security management environments. The Security Analyst position requires a good knowledge of the management, overall technology capabilities, processes and operational applications required to support the security management deliverables of all secure operational centers. The successful candidate will be required to understand all of the security management requirements agreed with the client related to operational performance and deliverables, the respective internal infrastructure, inter-networking relationships and required security management practices, such as they are defined in the contracts. This is a work on normal office hours, with rotating lay-outs to ensure the operating capabilities of the service 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. as needed, be able to work on call within a security incident response team.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- University degree or college diploma in computer science or five years of equivalent experience in the field of information systems.
- Proven practical experience in designing, implementing and troubleshooting operational security solutions.
- In-depth knowledge of network security equipment and applications ("hands-on").
- Proven practical experience in implementing, managing and troubleshooting multi-vendor firewalls.
- Proven experience in the day-to-day management and troubleshooting of Intrusion Detection and Prevention (IPS) systems.
- Experience in troubleshooting security solutions, including authentication, authorization, encryption, and equipment security techniques.
- Experience in transforming complex and ambiguous issues into concrete components.
- Be able to work on multiple clients and multiple security technologies.
- Be able to work under pressure (essential during incidents).
- Good communication, writing and presentation skills.
- Spirit of initiative, keen organizational skills and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent spoken and written communication in French and English.
- Hands-on security certifications from major suppliers.
- Experience with security management consoles (Checkpoint, Juniper, Cisco, Tufin, Fortinet, Mc Afee, Arcsight etc).
- Knowledge of offensive and defensive security operational tactics and support of security incident response team tactics.
- Knowledge of NIST, ISO 27001, ITIL, SAS 70 (or 5970) and other regulatory and normative frameworks.
- Knowledge of information management systems and security events (GIES).
- Develop technical architectures, frameworks and strategies, either for an organization or for a major application area, to meet the business and application requirements.
- Analyze and evaluate alternative technology solutions to meet business problems.
- Ensure the integration of all aspects of technology solutions.
- Evaluate hardware and software relative to their ability to support specified requirements and by determining potential and actual bottlenecks, improve system performance through recommended hardware changes.
- Review computer software systems and data requirements as well as communication and response need and determine operating systems and languages needed to support them.
- Monitor industry trends to ensure that solutions fit with best practice directions for technology.
- Provide information, direction and support for emerging technologies.
- Review application and program design or technical infrastructure design to ensure adherence to standards and to recommend performance improvements
- Support daily customer requests for changes to their security infrastructure.
- Prepare changes to security equipment such as firewalls, intrusion detection and prevention systems, identity and access management equipment, etc.
- Participate in projects to integrate new clients and services and prepare for implementation.
- Review and interpret security alerts and provide diagnostics for incident management and analysis to support clients.
- Depending on the nature of the security threat, assess and establish mitigation measures to ensure that appropriate treatment is being applied, and ensure that clients and management are informed as appropriate.
- Take proactive measures to manage all perimeter security equipment, or related components that may be interrupted or impacted as a result of threats or vulnerabilities.
- Set up, set up, manage and maintain security devices and provide general information and recommendations regarding best security practices.
- Develop and maintain release documentation.
- Follow good practices in safety management.
LOOKING FOR MEANINGFUL WORK? WE CAN HELP
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.