Our Banking Client in Toronto, ON is looking to hire a Technical Analyst for a 6+ month contract with high possibility of extension.
As a Technical Analyst, is responsible to Migrating SQL windows servers from data center to cloud
• Business group: Relationship Management 2 is seeking a BSA/Technical Analyst. This group has a niche skill set dealing with both Canadian and International banking for customer facing clients. This resource needs to have knowledge about mid-tier technology, cloud technology, can function as a project leader (not PM), needs to be organized and ability to work with a large team as well as working independently. This project deals with migrating SQL windows servers from data center to Cloud. Resource will be reporting to one of the PM’s.
• Reason for request: Migrating SQL windows servers from data center to cloud
Typical Day in Role
1. Importing data from various external data sources
2. Data cleansing and standardization i.e. duplicates, garbage sanitization
3. Data manipulation to uncover trends and insights i.e. sub setting, pivoting, summarization, sorting
4. Creating data visualizations to effectively convey findings.
5. Exporting data to external sources through reports or spreadsheets
6. Provide support for adhoc requests from the Business Users
7. Experience working directly with business users to build reports, dashboards and solving business questions with data.
8. Distinguish trends and patterns.
9. Report data in a comprehensive and repeatable way.
10. General PM skills, agile understanding, Cloud understanding. SQL Server Understanding
11. Previous bank experience preferable
12. Ability to co-ordinate with various groups (Technical Architects, Business Users, Application teams, Vendors) to gather required details and convey message effectively
13. Previous exposure to Change management, CAB review meetings
14. Ability to deliver high quality outputs under challenging deadlines, with minimal supervision
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills: BSA/ Technical Analyst at 7-10 years 1. Cloud, SQL servers, understand technical requirements- 5 years 2. Great communication skills- ability to deal with various teams, client facing 3. Fluid working with business partners, working with clients, run books/check lists 4. Proficient in MS Excel 5. Project skills- working on a similar project- recent experience
Nice to have: Large organization/ FI/Banks
Degrees or certifications:
• Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.”