Our client, a market leading integrated oil company requires a Business Analyst to join their marketing team for a 12-month contract located at their Calgary office. Are you up to the challenge?
In this role you will be a key member of the Marketing Reporting & Analytical Teams with the responsibility of coordinating and consolidating management reporting, forecasting and business planning information related to Commercial Sales & Retail. In addition, you will create ad-hoc reports and troubleshoot, and analyze the financial performance of the business on a weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual basis. You will lead analytical initiatives, including but not limited to management decision making, benchmarking, and industry intelligence. You will also assist senior analysts in preparing documents, graphs and status reports.
- Assist senior analyst in pulling together the data to facilitate the preparing of documents, graphs, status reports, and presentations to support business decisions
- Generate easy-to-interpret reports based on collected data
- Review and analyze the financial performance of the business on a weekly & monthly basis
- Support the business on ad-hoc reporting and other initiatives as required
- 1 – 4 years in an analytical role such as Project Controls or Financial Analysis
- Excellent analytical skills, logical thinking, creative in problem solving
- Identify issues, structure and conduct necessary analysis and draw conclusions and findings with limited guidance
- Advanced skills in MS Excel including Pivot Tables
- Strong attention to detail, superior organizational skills and the ability to perform within tight deadlines
- Excellent communication skills
Nice to Haves:
- Previous experience in the Sales, Commercial or Retail sector
- Proficient in SAP (BI Reporting Module)
- Experience using Spotfire or a similar Business Intelligence tool such as PowerBI to create data visualization
- Post-secondary education in business, Diploma or Bachelors Degree in Commerce, Economics, or related field
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.