Our market leading energy client has an immediate need for a Business Analyst to join their Business Analytics group. This is a contract position scheduled to run for eleven (11) months in their downtown Calgary office.
Reporting to the Manager, Market Intelligence and Analytics, the incumbent in this position will gather, research and analyze the market/economics information and business data to support the analytics required for development and implementation of the procurement strategy. He/she will combine business and technology skills with strong analytical, communication, facilitation and presentation skills
- Identify, gather and analyze various spend data as it applies to Category Sourcing. The data will encompass internal aspects such as corporate spend, category spend and project spend.
- Develop analytics models using various data analysis and visualization skills/tools
- Perform market intelligence to understand market trends, cost drivers, supply/demand market, supplier analysis and best practices related to specific procurement categories.
- Prepare and support high quality communication packages across a wide audience and support including high quality communication packages for leadership teams. Examples such as SCM Business Analysis, Reporting, Market Intelligence reports, supplier briefs.
- Continuously increase the awareness of available data sources, market intelligence tools, data analytics tools, practices and capabilities
- Input to value propositions and sourcing options by using supply chain tools such as Should Cost modelling, SWOT, Porters Five Forces, PESTLE, Power Positioning and Purchase Price analysis.
- Collaborate with internal customers such as Category advisors/managers to gain primary market research and internal business needs
- Maintains an in-depth knowledge of designated markets and trends through reading reports, market research, data insights, financial modelling and analysis
- Respond to ad-hoc requests, reports and other market intelligence/analytics activities
If you bring the mentioned skills and experiences to the table, then we would love to chat you!
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.