Our Client is one of the world`s largest multinational oil and natural gas service companies.
We currently have an available contract assignment for a Business Analyst located in Houston, Texas.
- The Business Analyst serves as direct liaison to functional Business Owners in order to translate and prioritize requirements for assigned area project and maintenance work for Operations.
- Key Responsibilities:
- Assist in the definition of project scope and success criteria
- Preparation of business cases, current state and future state analysis, process flow mapping, RAPID model, process optimization recommendations, workshop facilitation, and training materials.
- Assists the business in identifying proper controls and also provide recommendations with automation and understanding integration with other interdependent business and technical processes.
- Responsible for translating high-level business requirements into detailed functional specifications and managing requests for changes to the specifications.
- Maintains functional peer relationships and detailed working knowledge of the assigned areas systems, organization, and business processes.
- Participate in requirements prioritization.
- Ability to translate business information into terms understandable by non-IT savvy personnel.
- Perform project management tasks as needed, documentation, issues, change requests, status, etc.
- Coordinate and participate in UAT and testing activities.
- Act as a cross functional Business Analyst to support multiple areas of the business such as pipeline integrity, facility integrity, asset management, compliance, etc.
- Business Analyst certification, related degree and/or a minimum of 10 years related experience within the oil and gas industry
- Complete understanding of project life-cycle gating controls, document and records management
- Ability to support, adapt to change quickly, and move across various types of projects when needed
- Excellent writing skills, problem solving skills, interpersonal skills, oral communication skills, and time management
- Adept at interacting in both business and IT focused discussions with a strong understanding of information technology and its application to solving business problems
- Ability to influence and negotiate with clients and vendors
- Proficient at operating within a North American distributed team
- Advanced experience with Microsoft Office products, especially Visio