Our client, one of Canada’s leading integrated oil companies has an immediate need for three Business Analysts to join their team in their Calgary head office location. This is a contract opportunity for 12 months.
REASON FOR OPENING/PROJECT:
Requirement for 3 additional Contract Business Analysts to support the Commercial and Retail analytic teams for the upcoming Macallan analytical lift (2) Retail (1) Commercial
CANDIDATE VALUE PROPOSITION
This individual will be a key member of the Marketing Reporting & Analytical Teams with the responsibility of coordinating and consolidating management reporting, forecasting and business planning information related to Commercial Sales & Retail.
Responsibilities of the role include creating ad-hoc reports and troubleshooting, analyzing the financial performance of the business on a weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual basis. The role will lead analytical initiatives, including but not limited to management decision making, benchmarking, and industry intelligence. The Business Analyst may assist senior personnel in preparing documents, graphs and status reports. The Analyst will be a key participant in all phases of research for the purposes of formulating strategy, discovering opportunities and defining requirements to advance the business. In addition, the role requires competencies in change management and continuous improvement to always seek out new, and challenge existing ways, of discovering profit opportunities.
- Review and analyze the financial performance of the business on a weekly & monthly basis
- Provide quarterly forecasting and weekly/monthly analysis of the business (identifying key areas of concern and resolutions, as well as recommending actions as appropriate)
- Prepare documents, benchmark reports, status reports, and budget reports
- Review existing business processes, and modify as required, to improve efficiencies and profits
- Assist senior personnel in preparing documents, graphs, status reports, and presentations to support business decisions and strategies
- Monitor and report on market trends and their effect on business strategies
- Support the business on ad-hoc reporting and other initiatives
MUST HAVE QUALIFICATIONS:
- 5 to 7 years in an analytical role such as Project Controls or Financial Analysis
- Familiarity with – and ability to analyze – financial statements
- Ability to analyze data and transform that that data into summarized forecasts and intelligence for decision-making
- Advanced skills in MS Excel including Pivot Tables and Dashboard creation
- Strong attention to detail, superior organizational skills and the ability to perform within tight deadlines
- Experience using Spotfire or a similar Business Intelligence tool such as PowerBI to create data visualization
- Proficient in SAP (BI Reporting Module)
NICE to HAVE QUALIFICATIONS:
- Previous experience in the Sales, Commercial or Retail sector
- Understanding of different streams of oil and gas and their interconnected roles
- Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in Commerce, Economics, or related field
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.