Our Client is one of the world's largest multinational Oil & Gas companies.
We currently have an available contract assignment for Business Analyst in Houston, TX
If you have experience with the following, then we would like to meet with you.
IT Business Analyst serves as direct liaison to functional process owners in order to translate and prioritize requirements for assigned area project and maintenance work.
- Responsible for translating high-level business requirements into detailed functional specifications and managing requests for changes to the specifications.
- Assists the business in determining which business requirements can and should be automated and how they are then integrated with other business and technical processes
- Maintains functional peer relationships and detailed working knowledge of the assigned areas systems, organization, and business processes.
- Participate in requirements prioritization.
- Assist in the definition of project scope and success criteria.
- Perform project management tasks as needed – determine, assign, track and manage project tasks, documentation, issues, change requests, status, etc.
- Partner with development team to provide reporting and status on project deliverable.
- Coordinate and participate in Testing activities.
Criteria & Qualifications:
- Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or related technical discipline or equivalent – 7-10 years of systems analysis, programming or other IT related experience.
- Complete understanding of the software development life cycle.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Outstanding problem-solving skills
- Ability to translate technical information into terms understandable by non-IT savvy personnel.
- Adept at interacting in both business and IT focused discussions.
- Ability to influence and negotiate with clients and suppliers.
- Proficient at operating within a North Americanly distributed team.
- Advanced knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office products.