Our client, one of Canada’s leading integrated oil companies has an immediate need for a Data Reporting Business Analyst to join their team for a twelve (12) week contract position in their downtown Calgary head office location.
Business Analyst may assist senior personnel in preparing documents, graphs and status reports. This role will be a key participant in all phases of research for the purposes of formulating strategy, discovering opportunities and defining requirements to advance the business. In addition, the role requires competencies in change management and continuous improvement to always seek out new, and challenge existing ways, of discovering profit opportunities.
- Provide quarterly forecasting and weekly/monthly analysis of retail business (identifying key areas of concern and resolutions, as well as recommending actions as appropriate)
- Development of innovative Data Visualizations using Spotfire, rollout & training to users, and maintenance of data tables
- Prepare documents, benchmark reports, status reports, and budget reports
- Review existing business processes, and modify as required, to improve efficiencies and profits
- Assist senior personnel in preparing documents, graphs, status reports, and presentations to support business decisions and strategies
- Monitor and report on market trends and their effect on business strategies
- Support Retail group on ad-hoc reporting and other initiatives
MUST HAVE QUALIFICATIONS:
- 2- 4 years in an analytical role such as Project Controls or Financial Analysis
- Familiarity with – and ability to analyze – financial statements
- Ability to analyze data and transform that that data into summarized forecasts and intelligence for decision-making
- Advanced skills in MS Excel including Pivot Tables and Dashboard creation
- Experience using Spotfire or a similar Business Intelligence tool such as PowerBI to create data visualization
NICE to HAVE QUALIFICATIONS:
- Previous experience in the retail sector
- Understanding of different streams of oil and gas and their interconnected roles
- Proficiency in SAP (BI Reporting Module)
- Bachelors Degree or Diploma in Commerce, Economics, or related field
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.