Our market leading energy client has an immediate need for a Business Analyst with a strong background in document control to join their team. This position is located out of their Calgary office.
In this role you are a document control guru, including systems such as Blue Cielo Meridian, and Sharepoint on which you will be providing training. You will be part of a project that will allow everyone to use one product for document control moving forward. You will also work with others to ensure all users are set up properly on the system and provide training on the new product.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for translating high-level business requirements into detailed functional specifications and managing requests for changes to the specifications.
- 75% of the role will be dedicated to the BA portion, 25% to document control.
- Assists the business in determining which business requirements can and should be automated and how they are then integrated with other business and technical processes.
- Maintains functional peer relationships and detailed working knowledge of the assigned areas systems, organization, and business processes.
- Participate in requirements prioritization.
- Assist in the definition of project scope and success criteria.
- Perform project management tasks as needed – determine, assign, track and manage project tasks, documentation, issues, change requests, status, etc.
- Partner with development team to provide reporting and status on project deliverable. – Coordinate and participate in Testing activities. Criteria & Qualifications – Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or related technical discipline or equivalent
Skills & Qualifications:
- 4+ years of experience working on implementation of document control or information management systems such as Blue Ciello, Sharepoint, etc.
- Experience working as a Document Controller in previous roles is an asset
- Experience with requirement gathering, building business cases, and doing meetings with stakeholders
- Experience providing training to users on document control software and processes
- Strong interpersonal skills – Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Outstanding problem-solving skills – Ability to translate technical information into terms understandable by non-IT savvy personnel.
- Adept at interacting in both business and IT focused discussions.
- Ability to influence and negotiate with clients and suppliers.
- Some project management experience.
- Proficient at operating within a North American distributed team.
- Advanced knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office products.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.