Our Client is one of the world's largest multinational oil and natural gas service companies
Position: Business Analyst – Mobility Enablement Program
Location: Houston, TX
Duration: Until April 2020(possible extension)
- This role will work with the Mobility Enablement Project team to progress the project mandate to deliver a strategy, framework, roadmap and a project plan that will enable remote mobility – access anywhere, anytime – through seamless connectivity to back-end systems while maintaining a flexible and secure infrastructure and a sustainable support model.
- The BA will liaise with a wide variety of departments, technology and service providers across geographical locations to effectively support the various Mobility Enablement efforts, including identifying a single EMM/MDM platform for the enterprise and road mapping a scalable mobility program at that is built on the foundation of what the business is trying to achieve through the use of mobile technology.
- Document and outline business processes, workflows and operational support components
- Actively participates in defining processes, best practices and tools for the Mobility team
- Assist in driving business process redesign and improvement efforts
- Maintain functional peer relationships and detailed working knowledge of mobility systems, organization and business processes
- Standardize information management for mobility on Elink; convert existing information and instructions into templates
- Partner with EMM/MDM consultant and SME for requirements gathering and selection of an enterprise-class EMM/MDM solution Develop EMM/MDM test strategy, coordinate and participate in testing activities.
- Facilitate creation and approval of business cases for Mobility Enablement projects Enterprise-wide
- Mobile applications currently in production and their business partners/application owners
- All business applications with a mobile component not currently in production
- Work with internal stakeholders, such as all TIS teams as well as other corporate clients.
- Exercise influence and collaboration with TIS partners and business partners
- Collaboration and interaction as needed across all including Business Units
- Standard office environment with multiple competing priorities and a rapid pace of activity
- Excellent remote working skills are required (e.g. Skype screen sharing, video conferencing)
- Some travel may be required between Houston, TX, Toronto, ON, Edmonton, AB and Calgary, AB.
- Degree / diploma in Information Systems, Computer Science or related technical discipline or equivalent
- Minimum 7-years Business Analyst experience, with minimum 2 years’ experience with EMM/MDM platforms
- Ability to translate technical information into terms understandable by non-IT-savvy personnel
- Adept at interacting in both business and IT-focused discussions
- Ability to influence clients and suppliers
- Knowledge and experience creating content within SharePoint (Elink)
- Advanced knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office products
- Experience with ServiceNow implementation is highly desirable
- Ability to work on and continuously deliver on numerous competing priorities simultaneously
- Excellent time management, problem solving, technical writing, verbal and written communication, and interpersonal skills
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.