Our client who is a leader in the North American Energy market has an immediate need for a Business Systems Analyst to join their team to play a key role for their Windows 2008 R2 Upgrade Program, who will be assigned a portfolio of servers and applications needing upgrading or replacing. This is a 6 month contract based in Calgary.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Collect, identify, analyze and document the current ‘as is’ state.
- Analysis of servers, identifying installed technologies to determine which are compatible with targeted servers and which require upgrade or replacement.
- Developing accurate application/user lists by department by location to prepare for profile building and deployment.
- Liaise with local technology experts to determine upgrade plans and work continuously with them, though to deployment.
- Building the deployment and migration plan, including build specs and app profile.
- Support the design and testing related to the future state.
- Document the future ‘to be’ state.
- Act as the project single point of contact for the application owners.
- Support the communication plan in respect of business communications.
- Collaborate with client resources to categorize application criticality.
- Engage business representatives and application owners to explain the future ‘to be’ state.
- Works with the project manager to collate discovery inventory and manage application inventory.
- Manage communications T-minus at Project Manager direction in coordination with project schedule.
- Manage the T-minus for hardware ordering, imaging, delivery in conjunction with the project schedule.
- Assist Project Manager in providing daily reporting for the ISB's testing/certification process.
- Assist Project Manager in providing daily reporting for the ISB's application packaging process.
- Assist Project Manager in managing/producing daily rollout reporting metrics.
- Assists with migration plan approaches.
- Manage migration hand-offs and cutover to ensure a successful migration.
- Accept new system from build team for migration, creates migration / upgrade Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) / runbooks.
- Submit old server decommission.
- Standardize Windows Server 2016 image.
- Implement Windows Server 2016 Implementation standards and processes.
- Implement Windows Server 2008 Retirement standards and processes.
- Implement Exception Request standards and processes.
- Assess all applications on the Windows Server 2008 R2.
- Provide comprehensive plan on upgrading all the applications to their supported platforms.
- Identify qualified application servers and upgrade them to Windows Server 2016.
- Identify qualified application server and migrate them to selected cloud platform.
- Adjust AER’s IT Risk Portfolio for out-of-compliance application servers which could not be upgraded.
Skills & Qualifications
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Ability to work across functional stakeholders in IS and business.
- Customer focused and strong interpersonal skills.
- Proven Windows Server upgrade experiences.
- Strong Excel data manipulation/merging skills from multiple sources.
- Strong Business Analysis skills in IT environment.
- Experienced with IT operations of infrastructure, encompassing server, storage, Citrix, Datacenter and related technologies and services.
- Familiar with Windows Server Upgrades and PowerShell.
- Demonstrated knowledge/familiarity in the following areas:
- Server and Storage admin: HP server solutions including blade systems, Cisco UCS, EMC VNX, Networker, Data Domain, and Commvault.
- Application and Operating Systems: Windows Server 2008/2012/2016, including DHCP, DNS, Active Directory, Exchange, SCCM, SCOM, Skype for Business; VMware ESX.
- Appropriate software/device certifications highly desired.
- Public cloud skillset on AWS or Azure as an asset.
- Knowledge and awareness of ITIL process within an IT Technical Services environment.
- Possesses strong communications skills, both written and verbal, to exert a positive influence and work collaboratively with IT and Business teams, to ensure the success of projects and initiative.
- Minimum 5 years' experience in IT infrastructure analyst position.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in enterprise server, storage, virtualization, and network environment.
- Experience in the Alberta oil and gas industry and/or a regulatory environment as an asset.
- Can accept accountability for a line of work and ensure it is delivered at a high level of quality and consistency with little daily supervision.
- Works with other Team Leads to plan and coordinate activities and resolve issues.
- Highly independent, goal oriented, and self-motivated.
- Pro-active, positive, bright, motivated and highly engaged.
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills.
- Communication, planning, organization and documentation skills.
- Demonstrated success on the Windows2008 R2 Upgrade.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.