We have an immediate opening for an IT Business Analyst for a 6+ month assignment in Overland Park, KS
If you have the following skills, connect with us.
Seek an experienced IT Business Analyst, responsible for managing several aspects of projects including: detailed work plans, requirements and process gathering, facilitation, analysis, documentation, developing user acceptance testing (UAT) test scenarios / cases and working with the business to manage the UAT process. The ideal candidate will have strong organizational skills and problem-solving expertise, effectively write and elaborate user stories and requirements, provide detailed analysis of current processes and highlight recommendations for efficiency gains. This person must act as the liaison between the business and technical teams, articulating the business needs to the IT teams and ensuring that the product built meets the requirements. The projects will adhere to the Agile Scrum framework utilizing the company defined toolset.
- Good organizational skills with the proven ability to multitask and to “do what it takes” to get the job done.
- Minimum 7 years in business analysis
- Minimum 2 years managing and reporting on smaller projects
- Experience facilitating requirements elaboration of user stories with team members, including process- and data-modeling activities.
- Experience writing test cases and managing the user acceptance test process
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills, including critically evaluating information gathered from multiple sources
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems or related field preferred
- Strong communication and meeting facilitation skills that support collaboration between business and technology teams
- Understanding of relational data models, including writing simple data selection scripts preferred
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with all levels in the organization
- Act as a liaison and project leader between various business, technology and support teams
- Experience working with software development teams that are executing work with the Scrum methodology preferred
- Proficiency with business intelligence tools as well as standard software packages including Microsoft Office, Visio and related design tools
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.