The Business Systems Analyst reports to the IT Project Manager and is responsible for the liaison between the business, internal technical teams and 3rd party application vendors. In addition, they are required to provide technical expertise in application development and database administration. The role consults with the client’s business departments to determine technology requirements, provides analysis and supports business goals. Leads workshops with business users to gather requirements and assess business impact from technical solutions. Manages internal stakeholders’ expectations for the delivery of all technology solutions (infrastructure, development, 3rd party). Keeps the IT Project Manager and IT teams apprised of the status of all assigned projects on a regular and as-needed basis.
- Responsible to analyze complex business problems and assess how automated systems can be implemented to solve them. Formulate and define the objectives and scope of business systems.
- Gather data/requirements and analyze business and user needs in consultation with both business managers and end users. Lead various system implementation and enhancement projects.
- Responsible to create User Acceptance Testing plans and execute on UAT testing with business units. Assist with the creation of test cases and testing of changes to business systems.
- Responsible to create Quality Assurance Testing plans and execute on QA testing. Create all QA test cases and testing of changes to business systems.
- Document business requirements in the form of Business Requirements Documents (BRD) and System Requirements Documents (SRS) to assist with the procurement of hardware and software Technology/solutions.
- Sundry duties as assigned.
- 5+ years of formal business analysis experience in a technical environment.
- 5+ years’ experience with quality assurance testing of software applications
- 5+ years of experience working on Microsoft Dynamics CRM projects
- 5-10+ years of experience in application development (java, vb, .net, php) and/or database administration (SQL, Oracle)
- MS certification (MCDBA SQL 2000, MCSD VB/C# & ASP.NET) is an asset
- Post-secondary education in Computer Science and/or Business
An understanding of client-server computer model, including systems architecture, web concepts and database concepts.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills; ability to apply this knowledge in the resolution of complex business problems.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Self-starter with personal initiative, able to follow direction, good organizational skills. Works well in a team environment; supportive, collaborative, cooperative, service-oriented.
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. Please note, out of country sponsorship will not be available for this role.
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.