Our Calgary based energy client has a requirement for a Data Analyst to join their team in January 2019. This would be a contract position for three months with a good chance of extension
Support the Alberta Energy Regulator (AER) with the implementation of its new data quality programs through data entry of AER business metadata.
- Provide business analysis and regulatory analyst support to collect required business metadata for the purpose of implementing and maintaining controls to validate the quality of acquired, collected, and created data in AER’s custody
- Conduct analysis of systems, processes, data, and dependencies for determining data provenance and lineage.
- Facilitate the collection of business metadata (related to data quality) from AER business owners
- Support various Information Management activities related to the implementation of AER’s data quality programs
Skills – REQUIRED:
- Proven experience as a business analyst, minimum 2 years, preferably in a regulatory environment
- Experience in analysis of systems, processes, data and dependencies for determining data provenance and lineage
- Experience in facilitation business metadata collection
Skills – RECOMMENDED:
- Prefer at least 5 years of directly related experience
- Work well under time constraints
- Work independently with minimal guidance
If you bring the mentioned skills and experiences to the table, then we would love to chat you!
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.