Our Public Sector client has an immediate opening for a Business Intelligence Analyst. The BI Analyst will collaborate with several of our client's ministries to facilitate several "data projects" to help inform and implement the Enterprise Data Analytics (EDA) Strategic Plan. While the role will be multi-faceted, there will be an emphasis on using BI/analytics software to create data visualizations and data dashboards.
General Responsibilities (any or all):
- Lead or facilitate meetings and workshops with departments, clients, stakeholders, and project teams.
- Lead or support identifying, gathering, analyzing, and documenting business requirements from several business areas.
- Contribute as part of a diverse team (staff and contractors) to deliver business intelligence capabilities to support internal and external ministry stakeholders’ data and information needs. Also work independently at times.
- Deliver work products based on various sets of data relevant to business areas.
- Work with data/analytics/BI software tools (including but not necessarily limited to SAS Visual Analytics) to design and create data visualizations, data dashboards, custom reports, and other information products.
- Analyze data and prepare information results.
- Capture and document business and technical metadata for information products.
- Lead or support development of new, and/or updating of existing information technology service management (ITSM) processes and service models.
- Lead or support identifying, gathering, analyzing, and documenting requirements for control processes including schedule management, status reporting, issues, risk, and change management at the program level.
- Develop and deliver training materials.
- Provide analyst support for web portal projects and technology projects relevant to the EDA strategy and platform, as required.
- Produce deliverables within specified quality standards and timeline
- 2 Years – Demonstrated experience leading or facilitating meetings (and workshops) with clients or stakeholders.
- 2 Years – Demonstrated experience identifying, gathering, analyzing, and documenting business (or BI) requirements from clients or stakeholders.
- 2 Years – Experience creating data visualizations, data dashboards, and other information products using BI/analytics software (above and beyond spreadsheet software).
- Must be willing and able to work full-time, in-person in client office(s) in Edmonton, Alberta.
If you bring the mentioned skills and experiences to the table, then we would love to chat you!
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.