Develop a Data model for the Equipment Performance Division using SQL Server, PassPort, SSIS, P6, Tempus and Tims to be used in Power BI
- Prepare and maintain Branch business and office information management systems strategies, standards, policies, guidelines and architectural framework. Develop and make effective recommendations on the adoption of policies practices and procedures, including associated work methods. Provide advice, guidance, and instruction to personnel in the division regarding interpretation and explanation of new information management systems policies, practices and procedures.
- Establish standards to assist the Manager in the development of an integrated and/or interfaced information management framework.
- Work with users, line unit support staff, consultants and vendors to identify opportunities for new applications or enhancements.
- On assigned projects, work with a senior project leader in planning, coordinating, designing, developing, implementing, operating and maintaining Branch information systems.
- Periodically act as the team leader.
- Provide a minimum set of standard and supported applications, operating systems and communications protocols.
- Assist the Manager in reviewing and providing assessments of Branch system proposals and monitoring of their implementation and operation.
- Under the guidance of the Manager, provide a consulting service related to the computing (hardware and software) systems and information technology needs of the Branch. Define the problem areas and develop alternative approaches for solution and their effect upon related aspects of the Branch's and line units' budgets. Provide data, advice and support to management and staff within the Branch line units.
- Maintain a constant awareness of the "state-of-the-art" in the information resource field and current issues and trends both in the Branch business as well as information management, information technology and system development methodologies.
- Evaluate new systems and technology and provide recommendations with respect to potential applications. Communicate with vendors and other information services staff to maintain a high level of such awareness.
- Develop expertise in current and emerging technologies.
- Assist in the coordination, administration and recommendation of appropriate training courses and education to line unit users and information management support staff.
- Prepare and make presentations on all aspects of systems development.
- Develop and provide direct training to users whenever it is more cost-effective or customized training is more desirable.
- Maintain inventory records on all computer hardware, software and communication components within the Branch as a basis for assisting in the preparation of a consolidated information technology business plan and budget.
- As required, represent the department on committees or task forces both internal and external to Bruce Power and influence parties to comply with actions beneficial to the Branch's interest.
- Act as a consultant in providing technical guidance and support to students local support staff and consultants
- Perform other duties as required
- IT Program from an accredited post-secondary institution. New Grads would be welcome.
- Bruce Power Security Clearance