Our client, a market leading integrated oil company requires a Business Process Analyst to join their team for a 12 month contract located at their Calgary office. Could this be you?
In this role you will provide support within the Exploration & Production Services (E&PS) Business Process Analysis team. You will focus on projects and initiatives in the areas of business analysis, requirements gathering and documentation, existing and new business process management, change management and business architecture. You will also act as a liaison with the IS Department for system related activities. You will ensure alignment with technology, document and resolve business issues and engage the appropriate resources necessary to find business solutions.
Your responsibilities in this role will include:
- Provide support for E&PS and Upstream business areas on well life cycle business processes and related technologies as required.
- Participate on small to large scale projects involving multiple stakeholders, requiring independent planning, organization, and execution.
- Establish and maintain key stakeholder relationships, manage expectations and ensure deliverables of initiative and projects are met.
- Work collaboratively and strategically with team and business stakeholders to design process solutions which support corporate goals. Provide recommendations to enable sound business decisions.
- Keep clear and open communication to meet objectives.
- Maintain and manage a register of business requests related to well life cycle system enhancements.
- Ensure business benefits / value is identified and accompanies business client requests.
- Maintain existing and development of new process models/documentation as well as ensuring change management, communication and coordination of training.
- Collaborate with the Information Service teams to identify and resolve technical issues to ensure continued operations of well life cycle business systems.
- Be a steward of data integrity: work with the business to ensure data quality standards are set and maintained; escalate data integrity issues as required.
- Gather and document business requirements for process or system enhancements or issues
- Facilitate user acceptance testing for change efforts to business systems.
- Follow and utilize standard business analysis practices and templates to ensure consistency when providing business requirements and rules to technical staff.
- Be open to receive coaching and mentoring from peer and senior staff members as well as provide coaching to junior members as required.
- Related post-secondary degree or technical diploma with 10+ years related work experience.
- Completed an industry-recognized Business Analyst Certificate.
- Working knowledge of Upstream business, processes and well life cycle management systems (Peloton suit).
- Experience in the Peloton Suite of products, especially SiteView.
- Change Management experience is required.
- Experience with oil and gas operational systems, well management systems, and standard reporting systems in a support or super user role
Nice to Haves:
- Broad knowledge of Exploration & Production Services would be an asset.
- Experience with system implementations and integrations.
- Knowledge of Business Architecture and Business Process Management methodologies and concepts.
- Good understanding and working knowledge of various project management and business analysis methodologies such as Waterfall, Agile, Iterative and Hybrid-Agile.
- Project management and presentation skills.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.