Sometimes you wait forever and the perfect Project Manager gig just flies out of the blue and lands in your lap! This is it if you are the right PM…keep reading…We have been asked by one of Canada’s best known professional services organizations to identify, evaluate and recruit one of Toronto’s strongest Project Managers.
Overall Project Success, relationship building, resolving roadblocks and moving audit engagements forward will be the main focus areas for this candidate.
As a Project manager in this role, you will lead a national team of project coordinators and will oversee their audit projects as well as manage multiple simultaneous audit projects of your own, bringing them from planning through to completion. Success can only be achieved by having the ability to work with multiple personality types, the desire to obtain in depth understanding of the audit process, the drive to roll your sleeves up and perform tasks for the audit teams as they need them, and the flexibility to learn and adapt while on the job. Your performance metrics will be stake holder satisfaction and overall reduction of audit team hours.
- Comfortable leading, coaching and evaluating a team of Project Coordinators nationally
- Overseeing multiple simultaneous audit projects of varying size and complexity (overall efficiency initiative, audit projects, audit engagements)
- Responsible for bringing projects from planning through to completion – requires an in-depth understanding of business expectations and the proprietary audit process (training available)
- Recommends and takes action to direct the analysis and resolution of problems
- Manage all project tasks and deliverables, potentially including non-technical or business deliverables
- Ensure stakeholder satisfaction by reducing overall hours for the audit engagement teams.
- Ensure team satisfaction by providing support, constructive feedback and respect for all team members.
- Ability to create and monitor budgets
- 5-10 years experience in Project Management and leadership (ideally with a focus in professional services or audit)
- Good team player able to handle conflict in a fast-paced environment
- Self Starter who can foresee and move forward projects with minimal intervention
- Demonstrated experience delivering projects on time and budget
- Strong understanding of project budget development and financial reporting
- Excellent communications skills – comfort level with all levels of management and large project teams.
- Requires strong organizational skills, respect for others, and adaptable to change
- Commitment to quality performance and teamwork
- Project management certification is recommended (PMP)