Our large IT client, is recognized by customers as Canada’s leading Information Technology company.
We are looking for a Business System Analyst – Senior to support the team.
Duration: 12 months
Location: Kanata, Ontario, Canada
- Reporting to the Business Domain Architect (“BDA”), the “Business Systems Analyst” collaborates with the Business Solution Delivery team (“BSD”).
- The Business Systems Analyst understands the needs of multiple stakeholders and facilitates the negotiation of requirements amongst multiple stakeholders.
- They will bridge the needs of the business partners with the use of IT and identifies options for designing and improving business systems.
- This individual understands business processes, process analysis/management, and their related IT requirements.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Academic: university degree in business or information systems or equivalent experience or combination thereof (required), Graduate degree in Business Administration (MBA) (Asset)
- Certifications: Certified business analysis professional (CBAP) (Asset), BABOK (Asset), ITIL foundations (Asset), TOGAF certification (Asset)
- Client Management: Experienced in effectively interacting and communicating with business teams; can consolidate business requirements and translate them into IT deliverables.
- Business analysis: familiar with business engineering system concepts and principles as well as complex modeling techniques, able to align business unit sub-processes to enterprise business processes and able to lead functional requirement walk through and quality reviews.
- Value management: can identify the effectiveness and completeness of business and technology strategies and ensure alignment with IT and other applicable cross-organization strategies.
- Domain knowledge: deep knowledge of business context and mode of operations.
- Solution design: familiar with workflow concepts and how they integrate with application solutions in a cross-application context.
- Application development: knowledge of functions, features and facilities of applicable programming languages.
- Support the determination of estimates- level of effort and cost, staffing, deployment strategy and work breakdown structure.
- Identify and evaluate risks and participate in mitigation and control activities.
- Author architectural solution documents.
- Participate in the definition of a change release strategy for application change initiatives.
- Ability to write Technical Design documents which includes but not limited to sequence, data flow and process flow diagrams to support all the development work.
- Experience in contributing to the success of a range of small-to-medium initiatives with escalating levels of complexity and business criticality.
- Experience in a business analyst role and / or in other relevant roles within IT.
- Experience delivering functionality in an Agile/Scrum environment.
- Exposure to Change Management in technology implementations.
- Define and utilize relevant business analysis techniques and methodologies to perform solution analysis and design.
- Requirements/Features management (requirements traceability, baselining, etc.)
- Enterprise analysis (benchmark studies, feasibility analysis, SWOT, etc.)
- Requirements elicitation (prototyping, reverse engineering, focus groups, interviews, etc.)
- Requirements/Features analysis such as analyzing requirements, constructing workflow charts and diagrams, studying system capabilities, writing specifications (process modeling, organization modeling, use cases, etc.)
- Solution assessment and validation (support of user acceptance testing, defect and issue reporting, etc.)
- Development of business validation test cases as appropriate.
- Development of functional designs or detailed user stories.
- Assisting the Product Owner (“PO”) where needed to help identify Business Rules, Acceptance Criteria, Success and Negative Path.
- Drive the definition, optimization, improvement, and approved changes to new and existing business processes and IT solutions via development of business and functional requirements ?Identify the current and future-state business processes.
- Help the business stakeholders envision the future and how their work will need to change to support the future.
- Determine operational objectives by studying critical business functions (“CBFs”), gathering information, evaluating output requirements and formats.
- Provide continuous improvement services to improve existing business processes and inform the Business Solution Delivery leadership team of potential continuous improvement opportunities.
- Manage process conformance and compliance as appropriate (e.g. PCI)
- Recommend controls by identifying problems, writing improved procedures.
- Support change management activities.
- Identify any gaps between current and future state processes and prepare all documentation as it relates to business process mapping.
- Articulate differences in current and future state in a non-technical manner.
- Contextualize changes and develop recommendations on training based on complexity and degree of change.
- Identify gaps between current and future process and update all Enterprise procedure documents (CMS Procedures)
- Prepare technical reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Assist with testing end-to-end solution within Sprint in a Scrum environment as appropriate.
- Identify risks and inform the Business Solution Delivery leadership team of potential mitigations.
- Provide requirements, stories clarifications and support to QA team as needed.
LOOKING FOR MEANINGFUL WORK? WE CAN HELP
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.