Our market leading energy client has an immediate need for a Buyer to join their team. This a 12-month contract position located at their Calgary office.
- Responsible for purchasing and negotiating materials, equipment, and supplies from vendors.
- Evaluate vendor quotes and services to determine most desirable suppliers.
- Participate in the development and execution of sourcing initiatives.
- Execute sourcing strategies under the guidance of a Category Manager in alignment with applicable market sector and commodity strategies.
- Understand the local business objectives and desired outcomes, engage internal customers.
- Understand options and risks associated with supply chain activities
- Build supplier relationships to achieve superior supplier performance.
- Negotiate commercial terms to deliver best value solutions, and the measurement/reporting of the value delivered.
- 7-10 years of experience in the field or in a related area.
- Familiarity with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Ability to make decisions based on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Time management skills, and the ability to perform a variety of complicated tasks.
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- SCMP or equivalent is an asset.
- Experience with PO creation in Oracle, SAP or both.
- Bachelor’s degree is a nice to have but not required.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.