Senior Buyer Capital Projects
2-3 year contract.
Responsible for meeting purchasing needs for the Capital projects group for Contract Services, Materials and Equipment. This includes planning, reviewing, supplier sourcing and selection, competitive bidding, order placement and follow up. In this role the Capital buyer will help align strategic priorities between Strategic Sourcing and Capital Projects.
25% Communication and coordination of purchasing activities with assigned requestors, and end-user feedback. Formulate and implement plan of action for deficiencies.
20% Supplier sourcing, negotiations, contract development and management
25% Process purchase orders, monitor delivery, price discrepancy resolution
15% Pursue and report cost saving opportunities and process improvements
15% Meetings, discussions, data collection, reports, travel, tours.
- Industry related experience to a competent level.
- Knowledge of Construction projects in an industrial environment.
- Knowledge of contract negotiations & administration.
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communications.
- Must be a team leader, interactive player, and work in a fast paced environment.