Our public-sector client is seeking a self-directed and detail-oriented individual to work with cross-functional teams from various departments in support of Operations Management
– Working with the requisitioner to obtain verbal and written quotes
– Drafting required documents using the organization’s established template and collaborating with the requisitioner.
– Post the final documents for tender on the electronic bulletin board (MERX) and managing the process for question and answer addendums required to be posted, receiving documents on behalf of the organization, etc.
– Working as part of a team in the initial assessment of bids, presentations, selection committee meetings and fielding and re-direction of vendor inquiries during the tender process.
– Investigate and research potential vendors for various products/services required by the organization (Internet, Trade Journals).
– Purchase materials/services for clients across the College while ensuring compliance with all legal and health and safety requirements.
– Ensure efficiency by seeking out opportunities where college wide buying power could be used to meet needs of various departments and reduce costs. Establish preferred vendors or vendors of record where appropriate.
– Negotiate pricing with the vendors to get the best value on money spent and to optimize the life cycle cost of the products provided.
– Maintain vendor data in the Finance system. Check vendor status for any conflict with departmental policies, etc.
– Maintain timely flow of goods by clearing goods through customs and forwarding required documents and information to broker.
– Expedite Purchase Orders on demand for items not yet received through common purchasing practices.
– Work with Accounting and Receiving to resolve issues related to invoicing and the receipt of goods and services.
– Prepare and issue bid documents by collecting the required information from both internal and external sources before processing as required by the Manager.
– Department Administration – Collect, summarize and analyze statistical data as required for the purchasing activities.
– Receive and verify policy compliance for draft contracts, ensure they are properly signed and a file copy is maintained in the purchasing area.
– Develop and run "spend" reports from the financial system.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
– 5+ years of experience in a Purchasing role, preferably in the Public Sector
– Deep understanding and professional experience with Purchasing Contracts
– Strong verbal and written communication skills
– Excellent commercial awareness
– Good analytical skills
– The ability to recognize future trends
– Ability to make decisions under pressure
– Negotiation skills
– Advanced skills with Microsoft Office, especially Excel
– Excellent negotiation, customer service and consulting skills
– Strong market knowledge and experience in working across various functions, businesses and regions
– VMS system experience
ABOUT THE IAN MARTIN GROUP
Founded in 1957, the Ian Martin Group is one of North America's leading consulting and project recruitment firms. As a Certified B Corporation (www.bcorporation.net/ianmartingroup) our company meets comprehensive standards that measure our impact on employees, suppliers, the community, and the environment. Our guiding statement is: "building authentic connections around meaningful work."
We thank all who apply, however, only those selected for an initial interview will be contacted.