Our Oil and Gas midstream client is looking for a Sourcing Specialist from a Supply Chain background. The Sourcing Specialist will work closely with assigned Sourcing Leaders and product segments as the local owner for assigned commodity(s). These responsibilities include the execution of strategies to ensure realization of the business objectives for assigned commodity within the purchase family, which includes the Cost of Bill of Materials, Target Costing and Should-Be Costing activities.
- Developing & executing the local sourcing strategies that delivers a competitive advantage driving the strategic supplier initiatives. This includes supplier selection, development, and supplier consolidation to ensure sourcing optimization and overall supplier performance.
- Driving sourcing execution for assigned commodity(s) or suppliers, including full accountability for buy and meeting deflation targets.
- Performing detailed cost analysis of components & manufacturing processes used by our suppliers to ensure highest quality at the lowest cost solution.
- Monitoring supplier quality and delivery performance and developing improvement strategies to ensure business needs are met.
- Partnering with key local business stakeholders to ensure sourced material and services meet the needs of the business.
- Driving improvements in sourcing processes including escalations due to delivery/quality issues, invoicing/payables issues, and database management.
-Proved communication (oral and written), interpersonal, and presentation skills, with influencing and persuasive talents
-A proven ability to lead teams
-Experience negotiating complex commercial agreements
-In depth knowledge of RFx development and execution, contraction preparation and contract management
-Ability to perform objective analysis and evaluation of an issue in order to form a decision
-Ability to monitor and manage supplier relationships and performance with minimal supervision
Nice to Have but not a deal breaker:
-5+ years related experience in SCM
-University degree in Business, Supply Chain Management, or related fieldA postgraduate qualification or MBA
-Supply Chain Management Professional (SCMP) / Certified Professional in Supply Management (CPSM) designation or equivalent is an asset
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.