Details and Responsibilities
- Research and development of a geo-distributed, highly available, reliability data management system.
- Analyze requirements, design and evaluate key technologies of distributed transactions, replication, and consistency techniques to meet the requirements.
- Work with a team of architects and engineers to develop proof-of-concept systems and components.
- Write and maintain architecture and detailed design specifications.
- Perform design, implementation and code reviews.
- Review test specifications.
- Experience with distributed systems is required.
- Proficient in C and C++ programming is required.
- Extensive experience with design and development of a distributed database, or storage system, or file system, or cache system is required.
- Experience in Aws EFS/Ceph/HDFS/GPFS/Gluster/pNFS/Alluxio/Redis/Memcached/Ignite a plus.
- Experience in Microsoft SQL Azure/Aws RDS Aurora/ Google F1 Spanner/Oracle RAC/IBM PureScale a plus.
- Experience in distributed SQL engine a plus.
- Experience in TCP/IP and RDMA a plus.