Our oil and gas client in North York, ON/ Chatham, ON is looking to hire a Finance System Support Analyst for a 12 months contract role with possibility of extension.
What you will be doing…
• Provide financial support, analysis and interpretation of financial and operational performance on a timely basis to various operating groups, as required to support their business and strategic decisions;
• Responsible for performing month end tasks, budgeting, forecasting, and all variance analysis for the assigned operating group including Operation and Maintenance and Capital financial management to meet established expectations and targets;
• Responsible for monthly reporting to Managers, Directors and Senior Leadership on financial information relating to Budgets, Forecasts, and Actuals with recommended mitigation strategies to attain financial targets;
• Provide and recommend, where necessary, a streamlined and common approach to analytics carried out within the operating groups and the dependencies that impact financial outcomes throughout Gas Distribution (GD) in a timely manner;
• Develop relationships with the operating groups, particularly with individuals responsible for compilation and assessment of financial data, including forecasts, with a view to understanding and validating the processes used by them in generating their outputs;
• Working collaboratively with key Gas Distribution stakeholders, lead the development of forecasts and the annual budget and long range forecast for Gas Distribution;
• Provide ad hoc/off-cycle data, reporting, and analysis as requested, ensuring accurate, relevant information is provided for management decision making;
• Ensure financial reporting/tracking is consistent with Regulatory framework;
• Support key SOX controls and Audit requirements;
What you will need to succeed…
Must Have Skills:
• University Business degree required
• Finance related designation (CMA, CA, CPA, CGA, or MBA) preferred
• 2+ years of post-qualification experience with business performance analytics related roles
• Highly analytical with superior financial modeling skills and the ability to communicate findings and recommendations to internal groups and budget owners in a meaningful manner with business context
• Good working knowledge of SAP, Oracle and Hyperion preferred
• Highly proficient in the use of Excel
• Good business acumen and understanding of regulatory environment and financial management strategies and reporting requirements
• Proven team player, with the ability to develop and maintain collaborative working relationships;
• Strong demonstrated competencies in interpersonal skills, oral and written communications, persuasion and influencing skills
• Ability to multi-task and meet tight deadlines
• Experience with prioritizing work and implementing processes and ongoing process improvements to streamline and optimize work
• Share our core values of Integrity, Safety and Respect
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help!
If you’re a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.