Our market leading energy client has an immediate need for a Senior Organizational Change Management Specialist for a 12-month contract located out of their head office in Calgary Alberta.
How will you bring value…
In this role you will be contributing to the Downstream Commodity Trading Risk Management (CTRM) project. The goal of this project is to enhance the client’s commodity trading and risk management capabilities within the Downstream business by implementing and integrating an industry leading CTRM application. This project will replace six major software applications and integrate with over a dozen other applications impacting in excess of 150 users in Canadian and US offices. The change impacts business processes, technology and organization/culture at our client.
You will be focusing on the people side of change – including changes to business processes, systems and technology, job roles and organization structures. The primary responsibility will be creating and implementing change management strategies and plans that maximize employee adoption and usage and minimize resistance. You will work to drive understanding, adoption, engagement, higher ultimate utilization and greater proficiency of the changes that impact employees to increase benefit realization. Ideally, you will have experience with major technology implementation initiatives. Experience with Allegro Horizon or other Commodity Trading and Risk Management software implementations is preferred.
Additionally, you will partner with the Symmetry Change Management Lead and work collaboratively as part of a broader team that includes Change Practitioners, Training Specialists as well as Project Business Analysts, and Subject Matter Experts from the business.
What you will be doing…
- Apply a structured change management approach and methodology for the people side change.
- Develop change management plans, based on the OCM strategy, which include details of the change and the stakeholders being impacted by the change.
- Develop in-depth stakeholder analysis and relationship maps that specify the impacts, risks and level of involvement of each stakeholder group.
- Assess the change impacts and complete assessments in each.
- Identify potential people-side risks and anticipated points of resistance and develop specific plans to mitigate to address the concerns.
- Conduct readiness assessments, evaluate results and present findings in a logical and easy-to-understand manner.
- Work with communication, training, HR and Organizational Development specialists in the development of a set of actionable and targeted change management plans.
- Be an active and visible coach to work stream and to the project team.
- Create and enable reinforcement mechanisms and recognition of success.
- Work with the Change Management Lead.
- Support organizational design and definition of roles and responsibilities within the business.
- Provide input into a training strategy and training plans as required.
- Provide input into a communication strategy and communication plans as required.
- Define and measure success metrics and monitor change progress.
- Prepare materials on change management, engagement or communication work as requested.
- Prepare status updates and participate in reviews with the change management team and project leadership.
- Participate in lessons learned reviews.
What you will need to succeed…
- Minimum of 15 years of direct Change Management experience.
- Relevant bachelor degree or higher; extensive industry experience will also be considered.
- A solid understanding of how people go through a change and the change process.
- Experience working on large transformation projects and large-scale organizational change efforts.
- Familiarity with project management approaches, tools and phases of the project lifecycle.
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to work effectively and build relationships at all levels in an organization.
- Ability to manage diverse stakeholders (e.g., management, field personnel).
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to identify root causes.
- Ability to work independently in an unstructured and fast paced environment.
- Some Domestic and US Travel may be required.
Nice to Haves
- Prosci change management program or Change Management Institute certification.
- Change Management Professional designation is an asset.
- Knowledge of Midstream and Downstream oil and refined products business.
- Knowledge of the Commodity Trading and Risk Management life cycle.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.