We are currently requesting resumes for the following position: Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP)
Resume Due Date: Friday, September 18, 2020 (5:00PM EST)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Duration: 12 months
Location: TBD (Toronto, Pickering, or East End)
- Provides on-going day to day consultation and support to client groups on how to drive business strategy and results though the optimization and alignment of key strategic imperatives including but not limited to Talent Management, Change Management & Culture, Employee & Labour Relations, WFP/Business Planning, Total Rewards and Learning & Development.
- Acts as HR strategic advisor and relationship lead to client groups, leaders, and managers.
- Provides Labour Relations advice/support to clients for non-routine complex employee relations issues.
- Provides consultative support to managers for discipline and grievances.
- Point of contact for Human Rights complaints.
- Provides input to bargaining agenda.
- Provides input into the talent management strategy for individual clients groups.
- Provides support to build bench strength through leadership development (succession planning).
- Advises on the coordination and implementation of performance management programs to support continuous performance improvement.
- Leads the planning and implementation of culture initiatives at the client group level.
- Collaborates with Workforce Planning team to help clients develop an effective plan in response to gaps identified through business planning analytics.
- Advises on compensation packages and entitlements, and supports the effective implementation of compensation practices and policies across the client group.
- Consults with leaders to discuss upcoming learning needs and/or performance gaps.
- Other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or recognized equivalent.
- Current membership with the Human Resources Professionals Association preferred.
- CHRP or eligible for candidacy preferred.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in Human Resources providing employee and labour relations advice guidance, and effective solutions in supporting Human Resource needs of clients.
- Demonstrated skills and experience in leading workplace investigations and advising, guiding, educating and supporting leaders in managing their human resources capital and strategic business objectives.
- Superior knowledge of legal principles and framework associated with all aspects of Labour Relations (including collective bargaining, grievance arbitration, discipline and discharge, progressive performance management, attendance management etc.).
- Solid knowledge of Human Resources policies and procedures, and employment-related legislation (Ontario Human Rights Code, Occupational Health and Safety Act, Workplace Safety and Insurance Act, Ontario Employment Standards Act etc).
- Experience working with an HRIS system and proficiency in MS Office Suite required.
- Demonstrated commitment to providing values based, service oriented and collaborative partnerships.
- Self-directed with the ability to exercise independent decision making and discretion.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills required.
- Excellent analytical and communication skills.