Our client, a market leading integrated oil company is looking for an experienced Senior Instructional Designer to join the Change Management Team and work collaboratively as part of a broader team that includes Senior Change Management Advisors, a Senior Learning and Development Lead, Project Business Analysts, and Subject Matter Experts from the business. This is a 6-month contract position with possibility for extension located in Calgary.
The project you will be working on is the Downstream Commodity Risk Trading Management (CTRM) project. The goal is to enhance the client’s commodity trading and risk management capabilities within the Downstream business by implementing and integrating an industry leading CTRM application. This will replace six major software applications and integrate with over 20 internal and external applications impacting 100+ users in offices in Canada and the US. The change will impact business processes, technology, and organizational culture within the client.
How you will provide value…
In this role you will rely on your proven instructional design experience and will have experience designing and developing training with major technology implementation initiatives.
What you will be doing…
- Work with the Senior Learning & Development Lead and Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to support the development and delivery of implementation-related training for the Project to ensure an integrated approach, including:
- Conduct/validate learning needs assessments (LNA) to determine learning requirements to support a role-based curriculum.
- Responsible to determine course outlines, key learning objectives, topics and associated scenario-based exercises for both instructor-led training and Allegro e-learning and tools.
- Facilitate meetings with SMEs and project team members to obtain content in an organized and efficient manner.
- Aid in identifying process gaps and contribute in documenting process flows and narratives as a direct input into training content.
- Prepare paper-based material for printing and publishing.
- Design hands on exercises for system and tool training including creating data when required.
- Build rapport and manage relationships with business SMEs and project team members.
- Adhere to a staged development process, obtaining required sign off at required stage gates in development.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of the instructional design standards and development methodology.
- Champion and adhere to the naming standards, version control mechanisms and document management requirements for instructional materials.
- Identify measures of success for training and incorporating the Programs measures of success.
- Incorporate key communication messages as developed by Change Management and Communications into training materials.
What you will need to succeed…
- Bachelors degree or equivalent.
- Degree/Certification in Workplace Learning, Adult Education preferred.
- 8-10 years experience creating instructional design documents for software, systems or applications.
- Experienced in the use of Visio.
- Expert knowledge in MSWord (knowledge of how to use styles and develop templates).
- Attention to detail, ability to proofread and edit others work.
- Knowledge of instructional design best practices and adult learning principles.
- Classroom facilitation experience.
- Understanding of how an LMS functions in an organization and experience working with LMS administrators to upload and deploy courses.
- Expertise in the use of SnagIt.
- Experienced in the use of SharePoint or other document repository systems and the rigor required for the management of instructional materials.
- Knowledge of Midstream and Downstream oil and refined products business.
- Knowledge of the Commodity Trading and Risk Management life cycle.
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help!
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.