We have an immediate opening for a Task-based I&IT Consultant Level 3 on a 8-month long contract in Toronto, Ontario. The purpose of this project is to develop a modern enterprise platform for Digital Evidence Management for policing in Ontario. The solution will be delivered following a cloud-based, vendor provided solution model. It will require a robust integration framework as well as an intuitive, responsive user experience.
This initiative supports the ministry’s commitment to develop efficient and technology-enabled business processes and to optimize the allocation of human resources and physical infrastructure, with a focus on core business and resulting benefit is a streamlined/centralized business process/delivery that improves the delivery of client services.
The Justice Technology Services – MAG Court Portfolio Branch requires an I&IT TB Consultant with Procurement Subject Matter Expertism to provide the following:
- Creation of RFP related documents that can be submitted through the OPS Procurement processes for external vendors to respond.
- Development of an evaluation criteria in which vendor RFP responses can be evaluated against.
- Creation / Review of a contract between the business and the successful vendor.
Deliverable may include, at a minimum:
- Creation of RFP and all related documentation
- Evaluation criteria that can be applied against the vendor responses
- Approval tracking documents for the RFP
- RFP successfully posted to external vendors
- Individual vendor response scoring sheets. These will be completed once the individual responses have been evaluated.
- Design, implement and work with the project team in completing all relevant and required documentation in alignment with OPS standards
- Undertake special assignments/sub-projects as assigned
- Participate in Knowledge transfer
The candidate will also be required to:
- Complete work and achieve milestones within the assigned deadlines;
- Notify the Cluster/Ministry project Manager in writing of any issues or other material concerns related to the Assignment Deliverables, as soon as the he/she becomes aware of them;
- Submit Deliverables for the Cluster/Ministry approval as they are completed;
- Comply with the Ontario Government and the Cluster/Ministry security procedures and practices;
- Comply with the Ontario Government and the Cluster/Ministry architecture/technology standards and best practices;
- Comply with the Ontario Government and the Cluster/Ministry Conflict of Interest and Confidentiality Guidelines;
- Provide knowledge and skill transfer to a designated Cluster/Ministry staff;
- Comply with the Ontario Government I&IT Directive, Operational Policy on the I&IT Project Gateway Process, and other applicable Guidelines, Standards and Procedures.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Knowledge of the OPS procurement process (with attention to the I&IT RFP process)
- Ability to create a Request for Proposal document • Ability to develop and document the evaluation criteria for RFP responses.
- Knowledge of complex I&IT contracts
- Excellent analytical, logical and interpersonal skills. Hard working and fast learner with self-motivated personality.
- Good analytical, communication skills and ability to work independently and also perform as part of a team.
- Presentation skills to provide advice, guidance, assistance and education to clients who are usually not experienced in business process analysis.
- Consultation and collaboration skills to obtain understanding of business processes, and propose new/re- engineered business processes and related
- tools and solutions, such as performance measurement indicators.
- Negotiation and consensus building among business areas involving various stakeholders regarding business needs and associated technological
- requirements; deciding which applications migrate; identifying issues, assessing risks, determining resolution and taking corrective action.
- Ability to share/transfer knowledge and skill-building concerning business analysis, trends, standards, methods, and specific solutions.
- Collaboration skills to participate on committees and contribute to project status meetings.
Skills and Knowledge (continued)
- Business process modelling, capability maturity modelling and quality systems, to plan and undertake process re- engineering assignments, research,
- test and implement approved associated tools, methods and standards, and ensure compliance, best practices and quality of own outputs. OPS accounting principles and practices.
- Client business environment, such as legislation, agreements, plans, service/operational processes, methods, standards, tools, technologies issues, to assess and comment on the performance of business practices, re- engineer or develop new practices, participate in their implementation with least risk to the business, and ensure compliance.
- Business planning and organizing to co-ordinate work with clients, stakeholders and partners and expedite progress to support client business needs.
- Oral and written communications to manage diverse business contacts, provide written/verbal instructions and information to clients on re-engineering solutions, prepare reports, presentations, provide recommendations to senior management and clients, and provide process documentation which is complete and clear for users who are not specialists in business analysis.
- Project Management to work on project teams.
- OPS tendering processes and ability to negotiate with suppliers.
- Computer applications to create databases, prepare reports, presentations and monitor and track statistical data Knowledge of IT Service Management principles.
- 5+ years’ experience working with large scale I&IT solution procurement projects
- Demonstrated experience in creating RFP related documentation
- Demonstrated experience developing evaluation / scoring criteria that is used to evaluate RFP vendor responses
- Working knowledge of RFP / Procurement processes
Vendor Contract Negotiation Skills
- Demonstrated experience in developing vendor contracts associated to large I&IT solutions
- Demonstrated experience in vendor negotiation
- Demonstrated experience facilitating contract review sessions
- Demonstrated experience in working with all related parties to ensure that the contract is completed following the established procurement processes and that the completed contract fully captures needs of the business
- Ability to communicate technical requirements to non-technical terms.
- Demonstrated experience to provide leadership in the creation of RFP documentation and its associated evaluation criteria
- Ability to review vendor RFP responses and provide an evaluation in a defensible and documented manner
- Proven ability to support the project team in development of status updates and reports
- Hands on experience in working with all related parties to ensure that the RFP completes that process in a timely manner
- Ability to communicate technical requirements to non-technical terms.
- Experience in successfully completing RFP procurement within the OPS. (Preferably with regard to I&IT solution procurements.)