Our client, a leading North American food services company, seeks 2 Network Analysts to join their IT team in the west end of Toronto. In this role, you will provide coordination, planning and support for all operational services and technical implementation of core networking infrastructure and computer systems deployed at the Data Center and at various branch locations.
- Maintain the Network infrastructure availability level of 99.9% or better. Report, investigate and resolve any issue preventing achievement of 99.9% availability.
- Provide 3rd level operational support in accordance with service level agreements.
- Independently solve system problems with little supervision and minimal guidance.
- Remain current with evolving technological products and features and constantly changing business needs, internal standards and industry best practice.
- Refine business requirements, convert them to technical requirements and devise an appropriate infrastructure solution by choosing from multiple technologies and ensuring that solutions stay within the guidelines of security/audit standards and conform to industry best practices.
- Recommend corrective action (including restarting services and rebooting) to restore systems during an outage.
- Escalate production incidents to application team and/or senior management.
- Ensure Networking environment hardware and software is properly documented, software licenses and registration, equipment location and maintenance logs are kept current.
- Provide after hours on-call support on a rotational basis.
- Perform upgrades to WAN MPLS circuits with service provider.
- Maintenance and administration of network load balancers.
- Perform upgrades to networking equipment operating systems and firmware.
- Maintenance and administration of CISCO and ARUBA wireless LAN controller infrastructure.
- Maintain consistency with company standards with respect to hardware and configuration standards.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related field is ideal
- 5 or more years of experience ideally in a CPG manufacturing or high speed distribution environment.
- Plan and design network facilities ensuring service delivery targets, technical requirements, capacity requirements, industry standards, and budget constraints are met.
- Manage network infrastructure and equipment inventory.
- Support network repair and installation of new applications or technology.
- Maintain server/Network infrastructure health on a daily basis.
- Perform upgrades, scheduled software patches changes.
- Technical troubleshooting of user-related issues.
- Strong network knowledge with TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, LDAP as related to Active Directory.
- Technical troubleshooting – Knowledge of approaches, tools and techniques for anticipating, recognizing, and resolving technical (hardware, software, application or operational) problems.
- Experience with Cisco Network devices. (Routers, Switches and Firewalls).
- Knowledge of and experience with Network Security, WAN, Wi-Fi and Data Centre technologies.
- Experience with: Palo-Alto Firewalls, Aruba (ClearPass, IAP), CISCO wireless access points and controllers, and ARUBA wireless access points and controllers.
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent objectives, projects, groups or activities. Effective judgment in prioritizing and time allocation.
- Team player who follows procedures set in place in order to provide reactive and proactive support for “Mission Critical” systems.
- Experience support remote implementations is ideal.
- Prefer experience in technical support/helpdesk environment and Root Cause Analysis knowledge.