This short-term assignment will assist with the design, build and implementation of an MS Access database and the processes required by our client to manage the application and produce reports on a day to day basis.
– Design, development and implementation of an MS Access Database
– Provide input into the process design and improvement required to the current business model
– Assist the assessment activities related to applications using MS Access database to store data.
– Data segregation and reporting of the most critical issues related to departmental MS Access, Word and Excel applications
– Testing application compatibility in Windows 10 operating system environment
– Conduct preliminary functional testing with end-user before deployment
– Support resolution of issues with regards to the application operating system compatibility, and other technical coordination during testing
– Performs all duties in accordance with IT Solutions standards and procedures
– Strong understanding and hands-on experience with software development tools including MS Access 2016/2019, Office 2016/2019, Windows 2010, Excel, VBA, Macros
– University or college graduate in computer science or related discipline with minimum – 5+ years application development experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience
– At least 2 years experience providing advice, mentoring and expertise to team members
– Experience in gathering user requirements, understanding business processes and creating solutions based upon requirements
– In-depth knowledge of integrating complex applications on the desktop and across wide and local area
ABOUT IAN MARTIN:
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us email@example.com. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.