Position Title: Learning Advisor Instructional Design
Reports to: Lead Unify (ERP) Training & Performance Support
• Develops learning objectives for training courses/learning activities, develops content to meet learning objectives, and identifies appropriate delivery mechanisms. The position develops trainer and participant materials, including interactive e-learning modules.
• Collaborates with subject matter experts, project leads, change specialists, to design, develop, implement, evaluate and revise curriculum and learning resources that are aligned with program goals, and are aimed at delivering knowledge of the new processes and systems to end users.
• Responsible for implementing end-to-end training activities supporting Functions in the Unify (ERP) program (Finance, Asset & Work Management, Supply Chain, Technology and Data Functions) including planning, instructional design, development, delivery, measurement and coordination across teams.
• Collaborate with Functional Change Specialists, and Business Unit Change Consultantss to understand impacts on stakeholder groups and roles to provide inputs to define the training strategy and approach.
• Work to understand and leverage existing training structures, establishes a strong partnership with existing learning teams (ideal if a member of existing learning teams).
• Work with OCM counterparts to conduct the training needs analysis within Functions.
• Work with OCM counterparts and Project Functional Technical team to define curriculum for cross-functional training and Function specific training.
• Support training development within the Function and work with Training Logistics Coordinator to support training delivery.
• Support ongoing project team training / capability development.
• Partner with other Learning Advisors and Training Logistics Coordinators to support cross-functional training delivery. Includes training delivery where needed.
• Partner with Training Logistics Coordinator to support training effectiveness measurement.
• Work with Functional Change Specialists, and Business Unit Change Consultants to identify post go-live training needs and support in post-go-live training preparation and delivery.
• Conduct knowledge transfer and transition activities in Functions and Enbridge’s learning organization to support sustainment approach.
Contacts (Working Relationships)
• Unify leaders
• Unify Functional Team members
• HR: Learning and Development, Talent, OCM
• TIS: HR Solutions
• Other training support groups
• Other OCM counterparts
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• A minimum of five years’ experience in designing, developing and evaluating curriculum, learning activities and resources for self-directed e-learning, instructor-led classroom training and on-the-job practice activities
• A minimum of two years’ experience in delivering training, both in a classroom setting and virtually
• Post-secondary degree or Diploma in Adult Education, Instructional Design, Information and Learning Technologies or related field or equivalent experience
• Comprehensive knowledge of current adult learning theories, principles, program design strategies, technologies, trends and best practices applicable to both online and instructor-led learning programs
• Familiarity with various learning delivery models including online, blended, and classroom; knowledge of the theories and practices of e-learning and the implementation of synchronous learning environments
• Experience with Learning Management Systems; familiarity with virtual classroom and with multimedia and web design technologies
• Ability to analyze training needs, design learning objectives, determine ideal delivery method
• Designing and writing course materials, activities and exercises, assessments, job aides
• Advanced verbal and written communication skills to communicate with a broad range of audiences one-on-one and in a group setting, make presentations and write clear, concise learning materials geared for the target audience
• Must be a team player and able to work collaboratively with Training Leads, OCM counterparts, Functional Change Management Specialists, Business Unit Change Consultants, Training Logistics Coordinator and other Learning Advisors
• Demonstrate critical thinking and problem solving skills.
• Proven ability of working under pressure in an unstructured environment.
• Knowledge of function business processes, issues and challenges, in either Finance, Supply Chain, Asset & Work Management or Technology and Data
• Knows function leaders and stakeholders, and is able to establish strong relationships
• CTDP or CTP designation
• Experience in assessment and measurement of training needs specific to changes in business processes and systems
• Standard office working environment
• North American travel to other Enbridge locations required