Our client is one of Canada’s leading integrated oil companies with over 475 locations across Canada. They have an immediate need for a District Sales Manager to join their team in Thunder Bay, Ontario.
Our client sells and distributes its full range of refined petroleum products through their network of branded retail and commercial outlets. The network of approximately 475 locations support both retail and commercial fuel businesses and include cardlocks, travel centres, bulk distribution, convenience stores and other services such as car washes, restaurants and loyalty card programs. We are a multi-brand distributor, which includes the responsibility of operations of a national commercial cardlock network.
CANDIDATE VALUE PROPOSITION:
The Operations group is looking for a District Manager to support their national retail and commercial/cardlock business. This role is a fantastic opportunity to further develop and grow your experience in oil and gas.
The District Manager is the primary link between the Retailer or Dealer and our client. He or she is responsible for the fuel volume, ancillary sales and overall profitability of a group of retail and commercial sites in a defined geographic area. Typically, a District Manager is responsible for overseeing the operations of roughly 30 sites.
The successful candidate will manage the execution of operational standards, marketing plans and programs, as well as customer service and Health, Safety and Environment standards. The position is responsible for operations across our retail and commercial network, within a defined geographical region. It is expected that the successful candidate with spend a minimum of 70% of their time in the field.
Ideally the candidate would be based out of Thunder Bay, Secondary choice – Winnipeg, Last choice – Toronto responsible for a territory including Northern Ontario.
Key responsibilities may include:
- Developing and managing the retailer or dealer relationship
- Recruiting and retaining high-quality retailers and dealers.
- Effectively communicating the business model, operating practices, training support, marketing plans and programs, and standards programs.
- Managing the on-site execution of operating standards, including on-site observation, reviewing third-party reports, and helping to developing action plans for improvement.
- Regularly analyzing site financial and volumetric reports and counseling on finding operational efficiencies to improve business performance.
- Limiting environmental liability by monitoring fuel inventory control procedures / records and reviewing / advising on required infrastructure improvements.
- Managing approved retail fuel price strategies and tactics; actively observing market price movements and recommending market-specific price strategies and tactics.
- Responding to customer concerns as needed
Our ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- A Bachelor's degree in Commerce, Economics, Marketing or equivalent
- A minimum of five years’ experience in the retail gasoline/ convenience industry or retail industry; multi-unit management would be considered an asset.
- Proven business, communication, interpersonal and customer service skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications with the ability to analyze financial and volumetric data
- Self-motivated, and able to work well under pressure and meet or exceed deadlines with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated ability to creatively identify, develop and qualify business opportunities
- Above average presentation and communication skills (verbal and written) in both English and French
- Attention to detail, superior organizational skills combined with the ability to multi-task
- Demonstrated initiative, enthusiasm, dedication and success in previous endeavors.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.