Our growing manufacturing client is adding to the Leadership team. Director of Aftermarket, Warranty and Customer Service with experience developing and growing the Service team in a durable goods design/manufacturing company.
This role provides global leadership for all aftermarket and technical service activities for three significant product lines and is a key leadership role within the Canadian leadership team. Responsibilities include: field technical support; technical training including content development and hands-on training; warranty analysis and management of any concessions with regard to product performance in the field; technical call centers management and other customer satisfaction programs; direct engagement with regional Care leadership teams on independent service networks performance/changes; identification and support for revenue generating service programs; direct engagement on with our Care team on spare parts distribution and sales to ensure our product lines are being supported; responsibility for all service publications, manuals, special product bulletins, etc.
You will be responsible to develop and hire a high-performance service team supporting all products and regions. This includes team member coaching/development and recruitment of talent to develop a world-class Service team.
- Drive daily execution for all product line service initiatives to meet our monthly, quarterly and yearly business metrics and objectives. This will include direct involvement and leadership for critical business projects and resolution of key customer issues. (50%)
- Develop and implement a product line service strategy (including organizational design) in alignment with our Product Line strategies (10%)
- Develop and hire high-performance service team including improvement of critical functional and leadership skills within our service team. (15%)
- Develop and execute global strategy to reduce warranty costs and improve customer satisfaction key performance indicators. (10%)
- Identify, develop and improve core aftermarket services programs and processes in alignment with our Care teams. (10%)
- Develop and manage cost center budgets. (5%)
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- University Degree – Engineering, Business. MBA preferred
- Experience managing Service Teams (4 Manager and team of 30) with quick attention to aftermarket and warranty claims.
- Exceptional customer service and relationship skills
- Knowledge of product design and manufacturing (warranty/aftermarket) of durable goods
- Results driven and demonstrated ability to drive positive change within a team and organization
- Proven ability to manage remote teams and/or individuals locally and US
- Ability to quickly learn products functionality and technical details
- Strong business acumen
- Strong influencing skills and experience working in a matrix organizational structure.
- Persuasive skill set required to manage third party and customer expectations.
- Ability to work cross-functional and globally
- Detail-orientated, strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Lean Six Sigma certification desired