Heavy Equipment Operator
- Orangeville, Ontario and surrounding areas
- $28 to $35 per hour depending on experience
- 7:00 AM to 7:00 PM. OT after 44 hours per week
- Work all year round, no layoffs in the winter months
- Temporary to Permanent Position
- Full G License with Clean Driver’s Abstract
Ian Martin Workforce is working with a company that installs helical piles across Ontario which are used as smart ground screw foundations. They have extensive experience in every area of Construction and Infrastructure – and in high demand. They are working on growing their team to meet their customers’ needs and are in immediate need of several experienced Heavy Equipment Operator to run a Excavator, Skid Steer and perform manual tasks on multiple sites across Ontario.
This is an ideal position for someone that is looking to travel around Ontario, work a lot and have the chance to save a ton of what you make. While your own transportation is required, they will pay kilometers from your home to site, provide accommodations and meal allowances. If you ever wanted to learn what it is like to work away or love to be on the road, this is the great opportunity for you. Once permanent, you will have the chance to travel into the United States as well.
What you’ll be doing…
- Working independently or in a small group
- Operating heavy equipment in a safe manner at all times while maintaining a safe job site for other
- Maintain clear communication with those around you
- Attending and participating in daily meetings
- Connecting attachments to heavy equipment as required
- Performing site specific tasks as directed
Why this is the job for you…
- Able to start right away and complete a working interview showing your skills
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience operating 5 to 15 Ton Excavators, Skids Steers and Bobcats
- Full G License with Clean Drivers Abstract
- Willing to complete a Criminal Record Check
- Reliable transportation to and from site daily
- Have own PPE including Hard Hat, High Visibility Vest, Steel Toed Work Boots, Eye Protection
- A positive person with a great attitude and a strong work ethic
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs, excellent vision and manual dexterity
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a Skilled Trades professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Workforce, we exist to connect people like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com or text (647) 838-2522
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.