- Lac La Biche, AB
- Must have current Safety Certifications
- Must have previous Oilfield Experience, preference to Industrial Cleaning
- Contract Position, min 20/10 to max 24/4 schedule
- Starting early April until mid-June, OT after 8 hours Daily
- Company provided Camp or Hotel room
- Uniforms and PPE supplied
Do you want to be apart of a company that sees you as family? Do you have core values that you want reflected in the place you work?
Ian Martin Workforce is working with a client that is a family-owned and operated business that puts Safety above all else. They truly care about their team members and treat not just them, but their families as their family too. They take great pride in the quality of work that they do, highly-detailed oriented and do not cut corners, no matter what. They help each other, their community and customers to reach their full potentials.
As our new Safety Coordinator, you will be a working level safety professional who is responsible for providing safety training and protocol for customer work sites and within the organization. The position is responsible for spending time in continuing education to stay current on legislation and to remain aware of continuous improvements required to safety systems. The organization may assign duties as required within the scope of the position.
You will be:
- Ensure Team Member Safety on Customer Work Sites (55%)
- Provide Safety Training (25%)
- Administer Health and Safety Programs Policies (10%)
- Maintain Safety Records and Documentation (10%)
Why this is the right job for you…
You’re able to exercise good judgement, be proactive and when necessary, react quickly in emergency situations. You can manage relationships, resolve issues and conflicts in an effective, inclusive, transparent, consistent and calm manner. You foster and encourage trust, communication and respect with those around you. You’re not afraid to ask questions and admit when you’ve made a mistake; open-mind, honest, supportive and accountable are some of the words you use to describe yourself. Most importantly, you would never put yourself or others at risk, safety is of upmost importance to you.
- Ability to be customer service focused and to resolve conflicts in an inclusive, transparent, and calm manner
- Ability to communicate openly with a professional demeanor, including excellent communication skills verbally and in writing
- ability to follow directions and operational procedures
- ability to work independently and be an effective team player who contributes positively to the end goals of the team while maintaining excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to exercise good judgement, to be proactive, and where necessary, to reach quickly in emergency situations
- ability to be highly organized and handle high amounts of quick turnaround information
- ability to influence others in safety related matters on customer job site
- ability to train and educate team members and managers on safety related matters in the field
Our Must Haves:
- Experienced as a certified Safety Coordinator in an oilfield operations environment where analytical thinking and customer relationship management were considered crucial is required
- Certifications and/or training in the following required: WHMIS, CSTS, Confined Space, Fall Arrest (or Fall Protection), H2S Alive, First Aid, TDG, and Safety
- In-depth knowledge or coordinator knowledge in occupational health and safety regulations and practices required
- In-depth knowledge or coordinator knowledge of WCB processes and procedures is required
Are you interested in seeing if this is for you? Please apply or call us today!
Please submit your resume by clicking “Apply Now” to this posting. You can give us a call at 1 (800) 567 9675 x 2283 or call/text us at (905) 330 9861.