Our client, one of Canada’s largest integrated oil companies, has an immediate need for a Concrete Gravity Structure (CGS) Contracts Administrator. This is a one year contract role based out of their St. John’s Newfoundland office.
Reporting to the SCM Lead, WHP Atlantic Region, the incumbent in this position will provide business support to the Wellhead Platform Project Procurement Team. This position is primarily a support role that is responsible for the administration and development of contracts, preparation of documents for bids, updating contract information within the systems, monitoring and reporting on actual as well as forecasted to compare against contracts, as well as support in final close outs.
This group is seeking someone who is focused, flexible and has a high change agility to handle the fast-paced and at times high pressure environment. You will need to be forward thinking, innovative, quick to identify problems and come with solutions. This is a work hard, play hard group who is looking for their next members of the team to be optimistic, have a sense of humor, and always bring their A-games.
This contract will be set at 1 year with a possibility of extension for the right individual. The standard working hours are 40 hours per week with a flexibility to work overtime 10-20% of the time (~50 hour weeks at most).
- Assist in developing and administering contracts and procurement compliance plans and procedures
- Within the specific project area, support the SCM Lead and scope procurement Leads, as required in strategy development and contract management; provide commercial advise to scope owners during project execution
- Support project procurement on governance practices to ensure that payments and changes to contracts and procurement agreements are applied, regularly administered, documented, and proactively communicated by all members in the commercial team
- Support project procurement to ensure commercial activities are complete in accordance with establish terms and conditions, while minimizing risk in accordance with Legal, Risk Management, SHE, QA/WC considerations
- Interface with project controls on cost, performance, progress assessment, payment, reporting, trends, claims, disputes and change orders
- Create and maintain contract sin SAP & the Contract Management System
- Support the development of decision summary documentation and execution
- Provide support to creation of project related requisitions
- Work with the Business Unit contract owners to drive performance and compliance of contracts
- Provide support with issuing and managing bid documents
- Provide assistance in the development and preparation of the RFX process
- Interface with the key internal team members (i.e. Legal, Project Management, Quality, HS&E, Construction, and Project Controls) to ensure that the Team and prime contractors adhere to business processes, goals, as well as compliance plans, contract terms and conditions
Must Have Skills:
- Post-Secondary Degree or Technical Diploma
- 5 years or more of Contracts Management/Administration
- 2 or more years of experience supporting a mega-project within Oil & Gas, Construction, or Fabrication
- Enterprise SAP software experience
- Intermediate or high skills within Microsoft Office
- Experience supporting cross function teams
- Tender and market test
- Negotiation and contract award
- Post award contract management/administration
- Reposting SCM information
Nice to Have Skills:
- Formal project management training
- PM certification such as CCP, PSCP, CPM, or CPSM
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.