Our market leading integrated energy client has an immediate need for a Project Manager to manage the project scopes for the Concrete Gravity Structure in support of the West White Rose Project in Argentia, Newfoundland. This is a one year contract position with a good chance of extension.
- This is NOT a rotational position, the successful candidate is expected to work full time in Argentia for the duration of the project*
The successful candidate will manage the project scopes for the Concrete Gravity Structure in support of the West White Rose Project. This contract is one year to start with a strong possibility of extension. This resource will need to be dedicated full time to this project.
Local candidates are strongly preferred, however due to the niche skill set, our client will look at those willing to relocate. A relocation package would be negotiated with the successful candidate dependent on the situation.
- Project scope definition/development/refinement
- Effectively management project team (internal and contractors) for all aspects of engineering design and construction, and identify required resources for project execution
- Ensure project budget and schedule are developed and maintained within established corporate goals
- Recruit key expertise for the project team for successful project execution
- Incorporation of HSEQ into the design and construction
MUST HAVE Qualifications:
- Bachelors Degree in Civil/Structural Engineering
- 20+ years of total relevant project oil and gas experience, some of that time being devoted specifically to concrete gravity structures
- Knowledge and management of fixed offshore oil and gas structures, including concrete, and familiar with all aspects of multi-disciplined projects involving engineering, procurement, large structural fabrication, marine/civil construction, and commissioning requirements
- Proven practical understanding of project and cost management principles and best practices
- Execution of complex offshore projects
- Engineering knowledge of various engineering disciplines required for project execution
- Knowledge and understanding of C-NLOPB regulatory requirements
- Knowledge of specific codes and standards used for design and construction of offshore equipment and structures
- Understanding of the interactions between various project drivers such as technical, schedule, and economical
NICE to HAVE Qualifications:
- Professional Engineering Status and eligibility for membership with PEGNL
- Certified Project Management Professional
- Knowledge of offshore oil production and subsea equipment
If you bring the mentioned skills and experiences to the table, then we would love to chat you!
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.