Our client provides innovative and premium vaporizer cartridges, batteries, and all-in-one devices for the recreational and medical cannabis industries. They distribute and work directly with large licensed producers and retail operations. Supported by some of the largest investors in the cannabis industry, our client has quickly become a leader in providing premium vaporizer hardware.
We are looking for a Chemical Engineer/Formulation Scientist that is an internal expert of various techniques to characterize and identify active components of cannabis, including but not limited to; supercritical CO2 extraction, ethanol extraction, short-path distillation, rotary evaporation, HPLC, GC, MS, and common techniques in organic chemistry.
- Conduct studies on the properties of materials (hardware & chemical) and characteristics of materials; Identify and communicate technical problems, processes and solutions
- Understand products, formulations & recipes, evaluate characteristics of multiple products and their interaction with proprietary hardware
- Act as external technical consultant in a formulation and material expertise
- Develop strong, collaborative relationships with other formulation scientists from partners and clients and foster an environment of knowledge sharing
- Partner externally and leverage client expertise in formulation functionality
- Design and execute experiments, and analyze and interpret material data to make sound technical recommendations on hardware and oils
- Coordinate the procurement of cannabis products from partners and follow internal procedures for inventory controls.
- Be present at product trials to provide material and chemical expertise, record data and collect samples
- Keep up to date with the latest scientific and technological advances in the field.
- BA/BSc in chemistry, pharmaceutical or chemical engineering or Material Science
- 2 + years of chemical engineering (or equivalent) experience
- Creative, organized and self-motivated
- Excellent verbal and written communication, and ability to summarize scientific data
- Well-developed Microsoft Office skills
- Demonstrated Project Management skills
- Knowledge of Mandarin is an asset
- Metallurgical expertise
- Previous experience working with cannabis infused products is an asset
- Experience in working in a Good Manufacturing Process (GMP), Good Documentation Practice (GDP) environment (ideally in cosmetics or OTC/pharma companies)