This position is required to support the CFVS Project and/or the Steam Generator Replacement Project at Bruce Power.
Primary Responsibilities: Civil Design Engineer
- Supporting projects primarily for Bruce Power, but may be required to support projects for any Framatome clients.
- Performs a variety of more complex engineering assignments typically in areas of design, development, analysis, evaluation, testing, preparation of specifications, execution of field tasks and resolution of field problems.
- Visit client’s sites (for example to perform field walkdowns and support installation activities).
- Adhere to applicable Framatome procedures and quality program.
- Work within client’s Engineering Change Control process.
- Communicate and work closely with client stakeholders to ensure high level of customer satisfaction for engineering deliverables and service.
- Contribute to the continual improvement of Framatome’s standards and effectiveness in the industry.
- Mentor more junior engineers within Framatome (civil and other).
- Receives minimal assistance and instruction on most assignments and solutions.
- Ensures compliance with government, organization and customer engineering standards.
- Independently evaluates, selects and applies a variety of technical techniques, procedures, and criteria using judgement in making more complex adaptations and modifications.
- Develops new or adapted products, methods, systems or models to provide added value solutions to customers.
- Researches and assesses best practices, proposing methods and improvements.
- Works on special projects, as directed.
- Performs other related duties and tasks, as required.
- Bachelor Degree in Civil Engineering and minimum 7 years of engineering experience.
- Current Professional Engineer in the Province of Ontario (PEng, PEO)
- Advanced knowledge of engineering codes and standards related to the Canadian Nuclear Industry.
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to comprehend and convey detailed technical data.
- Demonstrated leadership mentoring capabilities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical ability and problem identification/problem resolution skills